Show incorrectly identified as rerun

Use this forum to report problems with lineups

Show incorrectly identified as rerun

Postby kylehtpc » Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:27 pm

I have been seeing this a lot lately where shows are being idetified as reruns when they are first-run.
For example, the Better Off Ted for tomorrow is being identified as a rerun.

This is getting really frustrating as shows are not getting recorded due to this.
kylehtpc

Re: Show incorrectly identified as rerun

Postby rmeden » Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:05 pm

Keep in mind we're coming off a 3 day weekend.. some data may not be as current as we'd like. (The problem may not be Tribune... Tribune may not get updates from networks over the weekend.)

The data I downloaded Monday morning shows the "Better Off Ted" at 07/07 8pm CDT airing as originally aired on 04/15.
Zap2it.com shows the same thing.

When I look at the ABC web site, it doesn't detail the episode on 7/7 but does say "Trust and Concurrences" is on 7/14. Zap2it.com shows that as well. (I didn't check SD)

What makes you think there's a new "Better Off Dave" this week?

Robert
rmeden
SD Board Member

Postby kylehtpc » Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:19 pm

The description in the data was for a new episode.
However--I just looked now and ABC web site shows a blank spot on their schedule grid where this is supposed to be--I wonder if there is a last minute change.
kylehtpc

Postby rmeden » Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:25 pm

Huh? Your initial complaint was about shows being marked as reruns when they were new... not new shows being marked as reruns.

I'm not sure what you mean by "The description in the data was for a new episode." The description in the SD data or the data on the ABC web page? I pulled the data at 7am Monday morning. Based on what I've been told about the internal data flows, that data should not have changed since Saturday. I doubt it was a recent change, at least in the TMS data.

BTW.. The data *NEVER* flags a show as a repeat. There's no flag for it. There *is* a flag for a "new" episode however. Most apps display "repeat" based on the "new" flag and some other criteria. See the "Developer" forum topic "new vs repeat" for more info.

Robert
rmeden
SD Board Member

Return to Lineup Issues