Data errors (not lineup issues)

Use this forum to report problems with lineups

Data errors (not lineup issues)

Postby bogstad » Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:39 pm

On a number of occasions, I've had problems where the wrong episode (or even show) was listed in the information provided by SchedulesDirect. This isn't a lineup issue (the right channel is given for a particular source), instead the data being provided is just wrong. I've seen this with TV Land most recently, but with other channels in the past. When I checked the TV Land web site directly, it's data was (not surprisingly) correct. However, Schedules Direct (as well as my cable provider (Comcast) site) listed the wrong shows for particular timeslots. This wasn't just having the wrong episodes being listed, SD (and Comcast) didn't even have the correct shows. This is clearly something happening pretty far upstream, but I think it's still worth reporting.

Thanks,
Bill
bogstad

Re: Data errors (not lineup issues)

Postby rmeden » Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:54 pm

Have you seen these topics?

What do do about wrong guide data
Why is my MythTV guide data not current?

I know TV Land isn't exactly known for breaking news, but for some reason, they do seem to change their scheduling quite often. If TV Land doesn't pass the data upstream, there's not much we can do about it.... at least for now.

Robert
rmeden
SD Board Member

Re: Data errors (not lineup issues)

Postby bogstad » Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:12 pm

I hadn't seen the pages you linked too. I do use MythTV, but I was already forcing full updates manually and still seeing differences between SD and TV Land's listings. Next time I see this, I'll check zap2it and tvguide and maybe submit a ticket. Thanks for your reply
bogstad

Return to Lineup Issues