Charter - Janesville [solved the hard way]

Use this forum to report problems with lineups
nitmd

Charter - Janesville [solved the hard way]

Post by nitmd » Sat Nov 10, 2007 9:11 am

Using Mythtv, internal downloader to get the channel data.

Charter TV has changed their lineup around Janesville, Wisconsin. (zip code 53566) What used to be on channel 78 is now apparently on 56?, and channel 78 is no more. However, channel 78 still shows up on my program guide with programs listed. This has messed up our recording schedules, and I'm not sure what other changes have been made.

I logged into my schedulesdirect account and checked the listings there - they are correct.

I nuked the myth database and refilled it from scratch, restarted both backend and frontend; channel 78 still appears on the program guide.

How do I fix this?
Last edited by nitmd on Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nitmd

Re: Charter - Janesville [solved the hard way]

Post by nitmd » Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:11 pm

This seems to be a myth/mysql issue; for some reason the data, while downloading, was not making it into the mythconverg database. I went into mysql and looked at the data in the channel table, it had the old channel numbers even after I tried the normal routes of downloading the new material. I ended up deleting the channel table, recreating it (using some text editing on my backup.sql file) and doing a mythfilldatabase --refresh-all, and everything is up to date. I'm sure there was an easier way, but probably not one more adventuresome... ;)