Create International Lineups??

Use this forum to report problems with lineups
Yatta

Create International Lineups??

Post by Yatta » Sat Nov 03, 2007 3:40 pm

How can I go about creating a lineup for Jamaica? For my particular cable company?
Could someone be so kind as to point me in the right direction to get this done; I've been wanting to do this for some time but to no avail.

Yatta

Re: Create International Lineups??

Post by Yatta » Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:27 pm

no one can assist me?? Googling is not working out.... i dont mind doing the work to get a what I want in the end; I just need a nudge in the right direction... please :(

rmeden
SD Board Member

Post by rmeden » Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:48 pm

Yes, no one can help you. With a few special cases, we only provide data for the US and Canada.

You may want with your local newspaper.. see who provides the data to them. I don't know if you have programming skills, but someone could write an interface to output XMLTV format so you can use it with lots of apps.

Robert

Yatta

Post by Yatta » Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:05 pm

even though ALL our data, TV Channel, comes from the US there is no way i can do this? I think it is possible since I see a few ppl have created listing for other parishes (citys) in Jamaica.

I see a few listing for my neighboring areas...
384MBAY Montego Bay JM
369JAMA Lucea JM
313JAMA JM
072JAMA Brown's Town JM

rmeden
SD Board Member

Post by rmeden » Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:18 pm

Yatta wrote:even though ALL our data, TV Channel, comes from the US there is no way i can do this? I think it is possible since I see a few ppl have created listing for other parishes (citys) in Jamaica.
Yes, that's pretty much the case. We're looking into hosting the data ourselves in which case custom lineups *would* be a possibility. For now, I would pick a zip code.. maybe Miami and get listings from there.

Robert