Incorrect History Channel Lineup

Use this forum to report problems with lineups
bobstaff

Incorrect History Channel Lineup

Post by bobstaff » Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:50 pm

It seems the lineup for the history channel (Directv and Dish) are partly incorrect. And I suspect a few other channels as well.

For example the mythtv guide (downloaded from schedules direct) says the program at 01:00 central on Wednesday is "Mega Disasters New York Earth Quakes"

The Directv and Dish Network guides say the program will be "Decoding the past Mayan Doomsday prophecy"

Given recent experience I suspect the Dish/Directv guides are correct. This is because several programs I've recorded recently have turned out to not be what the mythtv guide thought they were. Of course by the time I'd watched them it was too late to go back and look at the guide info on Directv and dish, but I've found this difference in the future.

I'm surprised nobody else has noticed this as it's been going on for a week or so but I could not find it mentioned anywhere. Could this be anything I'm doing wrong? Or is it something that needs fixing at SD.

Thanks.

Bob S.

rmeden
SD Board Member

Re: Incorrect History Channel Lineup

Post by rmeden » Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:05 pm

Did you do a refresh-all in myth to make sure you have current data loaded?

I just did a download and see "Decoding the past Mayan Doomsday prophecy".

Robert

bobstaff

Post by bobstaff » Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:15 am

I did a

mythfilldatabase --refresh-all

and that did fix the guide on mythtv to match Dish/Directv. Thanks Robert.

I added this option to the daily running of mythfilldatabase, which will hopefully prevent it from happening again. Is this reasonable or would it put an unreasonable load on SD if all users used the --refresh-all option?

I've used mythtv for a few years now and never had this problem until the last week or so. Anyone know if somethings changed. Has the history channel just started changing their schedule more?

Thanks

Bob S.

bab951

Post by bab951 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:13 pm

I've noticed the same problem for several weeks. I use the listings in PTVBrowser. I wanted to watch Mega Disaster but missed it because the schedule said it was on at 10 pm but it really aired at 9 pm. I just checked the schedule at History.com. For last night, they show it at 9 pm but for next week they show it at 10 pm. Could this be a daylight savings time bug? I asked for 9 pm and what they displayed started with 10 pm so I wonder if some software thinks daylight savings time ends on 10/28 instead of 11/4.

If I were a betting woman, I'd bet it shows at 9 pm next week. The website for the show says "Tuesdays at 9 pm". It looks like there is some problem with listings somewhere in the pipeline between the channel and the end user.

dertiger

Post by dertiger » Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:17 pm

I've been having this problem since using Schedules Direct. For me the problem seems to be mostly Nick Jr, but today I noticed that the Myth guide doesn't show the premier of Amazing Race tonight! It seems to think the show premiers on the 11th, so I'm glad I double-checked.

I tried the --refresh-all option and it's up to date. What happened during the upgrade to .20.2?