YTV Fridays

Use this forum to report problems with lineups
recovery1

YTV Fridays

Post by recovery1 » Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:50 am

Is there any way of giving YTV in Canada a big spanking? Especially for starting their shows either early or late on Friday nights. Usual Fridays their shows are 10 minutes early, but then the odd occasional one I noticed they switch it up and start their shows 5 minutes early or even 10 minutes late. There was even a few days last week where Naruto was switched with some other show and both MythTV and my cable box's internal guide were wrong.

ajlill

Re: YTV Fridays

Post by ajlill » Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:58 pm

There's a setting that allows you to add extra post-recording time to specific categories of program. Usually people use it on "Sports Event" so they don't miss overtime. I use it on "Animated" so I don't miss the last 10 minutes of Bleach! I also fiddle my schedule so I record all my anime consecutively or with nothing following it.

recovery1

Post by recovery1 » Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:55 pm

I toyed with that for a while too, except it was getting to the point I had the shows taping both early and ending late and cutting into following shows (like half of Avatar would be in the Naruto recording). Finally I set a manual record that taped all the friday programming (9pm to 1am), but the problem there was I have a few shows on other channels that it would not be able to tape that had no other times it aired.

But fortunately it doesn't matter anymore. Someone at YTV must have got their spanking because the last few weeks all their shows start and end on time again.

clever

Post by clever » Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:31 pm

ive noticed most of the stuff on ytv on friday night is 7mins late for nearly all the shows
setting it to record up to 10mins early/late would cause a conflict and the following show wouldnt be able to record
mostly im just recording the ENTIRE block of shows to catch the last 7mins in the next 30min chunk
but that still breaks the shows into seperate recordings

ive also configured a global setting to catch 60 sec early/late which doesnt cause conflicts(if there is one it just doesnt start early/late and its fixed) and a second setting to avoid scheduling back to back shows(so the 60sec early doesnt overlap with other stuff)

partialy fixes some of the problems