dish network - 2 LMBs, no HD?

Use this forum to report problems with lineups
maxslug

dish network - 2 LMBs, no HD?

Post by maxslug » Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:49 am

When I get my dish lineup, it assumes I have the full full package w/ three LMBs (three satellites) and the HD programming. Is there an easy way to just select the basic package?

-m

maxslug

Re: dish network - 2 LMBs, no HD?

Post by maxslug » Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:20 pm

Still hoping for a solution on this one... thanks.

-m

rmeden
SD Board Member

Post by rmeden » Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:35 pm

maybe we're a little confused. Are you asking how you can get TV listings or HD contact on Dish?

Robert

NightMonkey

Post by NightMonkey » Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:33 pm

I think I know what he's asking for, and part of what maxslug is requesting is something I'd like, too. Right now, the HD channels are automatically added to my channels list as they are added to Dish's service. I do not have an HD TV (or capture card, or Dish HD receiver...), so I'd like to not have any HD channels auto-added to my subscription at this time. Is that possible? Is it possible to add another group within the listings page for HD channels, so that I can just one-click them off?

I think the other part he's asking for is a bit more difficult - matching the lineup in Schedules Direct to Dish's subscription plans. Since Dish doesn't really make it easy to find out which plans and channel packs are available in differing locations, and apparently TMS doesn't track this, this would seem to be a very manual process to exactly match a Dish subscriber's subscription with Schedules Direct. Or am I mistaken, and this is easy for SD to implement? If so, I'd love to be able to never edit my listings on SD again. ;)

rmeden
SD Board Member

Post by rmeden » Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:19 pm

it's been mentioned in many threads... while TMS hosts the data, there's no way to not add new channels. Many applications (XMLTV, MythTV) offer a config option to ignore new channels.

If we start hosting the data ourselves (which we're looking in to), then we can do things like new channels optional, custom lineups, instant updates, etc.

Robert