Lineup for Sling TV?

Use this forum to report problems with lineups

Lineup for Sling TV?

Postby cjm » Sat May 07, 2016 9:25 am

Is there a lineup suitable for Sling TV's "Best of Live TV" streaming service?

They don't make it easy to get a channel listing, but I've assembled one in a Google Sheet.

In short, I'm looking for a lineup with these channels: A&E, AMC, Bloomberg TV, CNN, Cartoon Network/Adult Swim, Disney, ESPN, ESPN2, El Rey, euronews, Flama, Food, France 24, Freeform, Galavisión, HGTV, History, IFC, Lifetime, Local Now, Maker, NDTV 24x7, News 18 India, Newsy, Polaris+, RT Network, TBS, TNT, & Viceland.
cjm

Re: Lineup for Sling TV?

Postby cjm » Sat May 07, 2016 11:00 am

I vaguely remembered that you use 00000 as a pseudo ZIP code for nationwide listings (and why is that not mentioned on the Add Lineup screen?). I tried entering that as my ZIP and got a list of satellite services, which reminded me that Sling TV is owned by Dish Network. I looked at their ECHOST:- lineup, and it has all the channels I need except for Flama, Local Now, Maker, Newsy, & Polaris+.

Does Schedules Direct have listings for any of those channels, or is ECHOST:- the best I'm going to do?
cjm

Re: Lineup for Sling TV?

Postby rmeden » Sat May 07, 2016 11:49 am

cjm wrote:I vaguely remembered that you use 00000 as a pseudo ZIP code for nationwide listings (and why is that not mentioned on the Add Lineup screen?). I tried entering that as my ZIP and got a list of satellite services, which reminded me that Sling TV is owned by Dish Network. I looked at their ECHOST:- lineup, and it has all the channels I need except for Flama, Local Now, Maker, Newsy, & Polaris+.

Does Schedules Direct have listings for any of those channels, or is ECHOST:- the best I'm going to do?

For SD-DD (The "add a lineup via the web".) National lineups are always provided. The code does a zipcode lookup, then adds the national lineups. If the lookup is empty you only get national.

ECHOST is the non-location-specific Dish lineup.
rmeden
SD Board Member

Return to Lineup Issues