MediaPortal TV Guide Not being color coded.

Use this forum to report problems with lineups

MediaPortal TV Guide Not being color coded.

Postby djmichaud » Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:05 pm

I am downloading your Schedules Direct data into MediaPortal program. When I open the TV Guide in Media Portal, the data appears showing the various TV show line-ups. The problem is that the color coded genres are all showing in the default grey. None of the assigned categories are working. I am thinking that SD is not providing the correct information. Can you help tell me, is this a SD issue or a Media Portal issue. (see attached)

When you look at the screen shot, at the top of the TV Guide, there a color coded template. Each TV listing it to be color coded accordingly. I cannot find out why it is not working. All listing are using the default color of grey and "currently active" as green. For example, on Channel 53, Ace Ventura movie is to be displayed in Bright Red. Since the color coded template is working, I was thinking that the data is not being delivered to MP with the correct genre mapping.

How can I review the data to see if what genre mapping is being provided. Maybe "Ace Ventura" is being classified something else causing the mis-match. djm
Attachments
MP TV Guide ScreenShot.jpg
MP TV Guide ScreenShot.jpg (198.76 KiB) Viewed 3149 times
djmichaud

Re: MediaPortal TV Guide Not being color coded.

Postby rkulagow » Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:22 pm

http://forums.schedulesdirect.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=295

Use the "getdata" URL to see the raw XML for programs that are being broadcast now; you should probably check the "genres" field.

If the genres are there, then it's a MePo thing. If the genres aren't there (for any programs), it's a Schedules Direct thing.
rkulagow
SD Staff

Re: MediaPortal TV Guide Not being color coded.

Postby djmichaud » Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:35 pm

I was able to figure out my problem. Thank you for posting your reply, rkulagow. This is great information also. The problem with my setup was on my end. I did not have the Media Portal program set up correctly. I mis-understood how to use the software. I was corrected by another member of MP, and everything is great now. Thanks for being there.
djmichaud

Return to Lineup Issues