Charter Digital 91106

Use this forum to report problems with lineups

Charter Digital 91106

Postby martinslade » Fri May 09, 2014 11:36 pm

Hello,

First off, I should let you know that I use WiRNS for a ReplayTV (5060).

On April 29, 2014, Charter Digital for 91106 (CD) went to a new lineup. I assumed that Schedules Direct (SD) would pick up the new lineup.
I think that I was sort-of correct, as follows:

The advice on lineup issues is :
1. Check "edit lineup" on our web page and see if that is correct. if it is, you have an application problem. (numeric mode helps on edit lineups)

It's a bit hard-to-tell, since (for example) what CD calls TeenNick, SD calls TNCK.
and also another complication: CD only provides a listing by alphabetical order (A&E thru Y2K), not by channel number.

As far as I can tell, "MY" lineup on your web page should include everything - many of which were unselected when I checked.

I added back a large subset of the current unselected - just to see what happens. Why the caution? I expected SD to have lots of questions on CD. Searching for "Charter Digital" in "Lineup issues" gave me one ancient hit for 91106. Maybe nobody else out there is still using a ReplayTV?

I assume that I can add back a subset, since the effect of the unselected channels is an incorrect reporting of the "programming service" offerings - the right version of which I can get by "Get Info" on my set-top remote control - but only when tuned to that channel and for that time slot.

*********Please enlighten me why so many correct changes were set to UNSELECTED?

(Off to see what a WiRNS "netconnect" does now...)

Hmm, same number of shows, etc. as before.

Is there no change until the Tribune servers are checked?
How long does that take?

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.

Martin
martinslade

Re: Charter Digital 91106

Postby martinslade » Sat May 10, 2014 3:44 pm

In my previous post, I should have said "Rebuild Guide" rather than "net connect".

A follow-up question may below in WiRNS support, but FYI:

The VERY first time through, the database was, for ALL dates, populated with the order of 19,500 shows from 545 channels.
During subsequent "Guide Builds", some days have only 24 shows added for a particular date & from 113 channels. Other dates are still getting ~18 K to 19 K shows from 545 channels - as previously.
Thus this does not reflect delta-changes in this lineup as I might think if all dates were lower. For Guide Builds done 6 hours different in UT time, shouldn't show #'s and channel numbers for a date - say May 12 - be deterministic?

Any thoughts on what's going on? WiRNS is designed to handle a large number of channels and shows as far as I know...

Thanks for any advice.

Martin
martinslade

Postby rmeden » Sat May 17, 2014 9:10 am

It can take a few hours for lineup changes to show up on the database servers.. it depends on how much of a backlog of show updates there are ( they are rolling forward the same transaction log from a master DB).

TNICK is the "callsign". "Teen Nick" is the name. The channel editor only lists the callsign, but you can see the name in a channel report ( from the main page). It's still not sorted alphabetically, but you can probably copy/paste to a spreadsheet and sort it there.

There has often been a debate on how to handle new channels... default add/default off. Some people have different requirement, and auto-adding pay-per-view and sport stations can get annoying. I don't remember what the current behavior is.

I don't think WiRNS cares about the number of stations as it loads into a local DB. (I know LaHo does care as it has to download convert and send to the Replay in the 30-second timeout). That said, loading so many stations into a Replay (especially older models) may slow down the guide... there's no reason to download data for stations you don't care about.

Robert
rmeden
SD Board Member

Postby rmeden » Sat May 17, 2014 9:24 am

You can also download data using XMLTV's tv_grab_na_dd and then view via a web page real easily using approved app xsltv. That's how I test listings.
rmeden
SD Board Member

Return to Lineup Issues