Ticket System now installed

Use this forum to report problems with lineups

Ticket System now installed

Postby rkulagow » Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:33 pm

Please use the ticket system which has been incorporated into the lineup editor and on the schedulesdirect.org page to submit tickets. Using the ticket system will ensure that I receive all the information required for me to submit an issue to TMS.

If you have an existing issue where I've already responded in the forum that I've sent an email to TMS, you do not need to resubmit.

As of 2007-09-05 I won't accept tickets from the forum any longer.
rkulagow
SD Staff

Re: Ticket System now installed

Postby vjorrand » Tue Sep 04, 2007 1:25 pm

I think there is a problem with the ticket system as it is now:
We are not able to browse or search the existing lineup issues. This will probably result in duplicate reports by users for each problem. This is especially true for issues that affect a large number of users like the Canadian OTA issues last week.
vjorrand

Postby rmeden » Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:10 pm

How often do folks have duplicate issues? The vast majority is zip-code specific.
rmeden
SD Board Member

Postby bobsmith » Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:45 pm

This is awesome. Thanks for all the work you do.
bobsmith

Postby JimDScott » Sat Sep 08, 2007 6:40 pm

Is there a way to view the existing tickets? So we don't enter duplicate tickets? I don't see anything here or in the FAQ.
JimDScott

Postby rkulagow » Mon Sep 10, 2007 3:01 pm

Just open a new ticket; I merge tickets if they need to be merged.
rkulagow
SD Staff

Postby tonyscha » Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:04 am

Just a question, What kind of response time should we be expecting with tickets? Couple of days... A week, or weeks?

Thanks alot
tonyscha

Postby rkulagow » Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:14 am

I think you'll find that I'm pretty quick to take a ticket and begin asking questions if there's not enough information. I don't think a ticket has gone more than 24 hours before the submitter heard from me.

If the ticket requires escalation to TMS, then all bets are off at that point. We're still refining the system by which we will tell TMS about issues, so resolution time from TMS is still in the 1 week+ area. Once it's more automated we hope to bring that down.
rkulagow
SD Staff

Postby tonyscha » Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:32 am

rkulagow wrote:I think you'll find that I'm pretty quick to take a ticket and begin asking questions if there's not enough information. I don't think a ticket has gone more than 24 hours before the submitter heard from me.

If the ticket requires escalation to TMS, then all bets are off at that point. We're still refining the system by which we will tell TMS about issues, so resolution time from TMS is still in the 1 week+ area. Once it's more automated we hope to bring that down.

Thanks answers my question!
tonyscha

Postby danielk » Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:02 am

Just as an FYI, we're linking our ticketing system with the TMS ticketing system over the coming week which will speed up resolution in the future but may cause some delays this week and possibly into next week.

The integration will allow tickets to flow directly from Robert K to the desk of the person actually calling up the cable company or satellite provider. If things need to be escalated to the technical support staff turnaround can still be a problem, but we will at least get a status reports back more quickly.
danielk
SD Board Member

Return to Lineup Issues