Repeating Episodes

Use this forum to report problems with lineups

Repeating Episodes

Postby zanee1 » Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:26 am

Thanks for going to all this trouble to set up Schedules Direct. I am happy to pay 5 bucks a month in order to avoid (easily) 10 hours of commercials. I do hope we are able to realize the $20 per year though.

The problem I am having is a bunch of the shows I record are showing the same episode repeating for the next few weeks. For example my kids like Curious George on PBS and if I go into upcoming episodes I show "Curious George Takes A Vacation twice a day from 8/29 to 9/7. When I check Zap2It's schedule it shows that there are different episodes on each day. The same episode plays twice on say 8/29 but a new episode plays on 8/30. I am also going to include the information you asked for.

Your zipcode / postal code: 85345
Your provider: Cox Communication Phoenix
The type of lineup (analog, digital, over-the-air): Analog
The application you're using to obtain the listings: Mythtv? Let me know if this is wrong.
What the problem is (missing channel, station on incorrect channel, etc) :Please see description above.
URL to your provider's official channel list: http://phoenix.cox.net/cci/tvlistings This is powered by Zap2it. Funny huh?
zanee1

Re: Repeating Episodes

Postby rmeden » Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:45 am

Someone else reported the same issue: (it's usually a good idea to search first)

viewtopic.php?p=625#p625

Same question to you.. this is probably an application issue. What application are you running? Have you checked the raw data?

Robert
rmeden
SD Board Member

Postby zanee1 » Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:44 pm

Robert,

In answer to your question, I believe what I am running is XMLTV. I think that is the standard with MythTV. I have not checked the RAW data. Can you give me an idea how to do that. I wouldn't even have a problem dropping the section of the database that Myth uses for guide data and rerunning mythfilldb.sh. Thanks for your time. BTW, I did search for repeating episode and got nothing. I will do a more thorough search next time.
zanee1

Postby vidbuyer23 » Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:24 pm

This is an application problem relating to hard-coded field sizes (mostly in Mythtv) and increased field lengths in SD data. There are several fixes out there, here are two links for mythtv:

http://g-ding.tv/?q=node/2191

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/285196

Note these truncate a couple of fields so they match the old datadirect field lengths so they will not work when zap2it actually starts using them (right now they are always "00").

Stewart
vidbuyer23

Return to Lineup Issues