Canadian Over-the-air transition, 2011-09-26

Use this forum to report problems with lineups

Canadian Over-the-air transition, 2011-09-26

Postby rkulagow » Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:30 am

As of 2011-09-26.

Tribune Media Services (our data provider) is still in the process of adding digital stations to the lineups as they receive the required information from the stations themselves. It's not as simple as going to a station's website and pulling information from records or from the CRTC, so that is one reason this takes a while.

If you have opened a ticket then you will be sent an email once the lineup has been updated - we haven't forgotten about you. That being said, if you haven't received an email, it just means that the lineup is still being worked on. We opened close to 200 tickets regarding lineup issues in Canada and the U.S. border region, and there are still 35 that are being processed, with new ones still trickling in.

When you receive the email that your lineup has been updated, perform the following steps:

If you go into the Schedules Direct lineup editor web page, you'll see that there's a "Re-Add All Lineups" hyperlink. Click that, and then check the lineup editor and confirm that the updates have been made. You may have had channels added to the lineup, but if they're not enabled in your account at Schedules Direct you won't get the data. Make sure that you've selected the new channels.

Once you've confirmed that the lineup on the web page is accurate, refresh the lineup in your application.

If the Re-add All step still results in missing channels, please open a ticket.

Make sure that your ticket includes the 4-letter callsign and what virtual channel you're seeing. (There are a lot of repeaters for certain stations, so it might be "23.1" for one person, but your equipment gets it as "33.1".) As an American, I don't know what "Global" or "Omni" is, but if the ticket indicates "CKMI-DT should be on 33.1, but it's missing.", that's something I can take action on. Providing the additional information makes it much easier to get it submitted to Tribune.

There will be a systematic mass-delete of the analog stations now that the digital transition is done. That is currently in progress. Performing the "Re-add all" step above will update your lineup and should begin removing analog stations from your account.

Many of you in the border regions have been using a dual-system of "One lineup Canadian, One lineup U.S." to get complete listings. That shouldn't be required. If you aren't seeing a station in your native postal code/zip code and have to use a U.S. zip code/Canadian postal code to receive schedule information (for either a U.S. or Canadian station), please open a ticket in the Schedules Direct website, not in the forum.

Thanks.
rkulagow
SD Staff

Re: Canadian Over-the-air transition, 2011-09-07

Postby mrplow » Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:22 pm

hows this coming along, I've opened tickets #8088 and #8097 for my postal code followed up with an email saying I'm still missing a few canadian channel as well as most of the american stations I can receive, your reply said to watch this post for a status update... Still nothing...
mrplow

Re: Canadian Over-the-air transition, 2011-09-20

Postby JNourse » Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:34 pm

There are some on air stations owned by the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation (CBC) that have been given permission by the Canadian Radio and Television Commission (CRTC) to continue broadcasting analog signalers for 2 more years. Therefore a Mass delete of Analog stations cannot be done until then. I believe but am not positive that one of the stations is in Sarnia Ontario. :( Please confirm this before doing the Mass Delete. In my area of the country this is not true so it does not affect me personally but it may be very important for other subscribers.
JNourse

Re: Canadian Over-the-air transition, 2011-09-20

Postby rkulagow » Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:12 am

JNourse wrote:There are some on air stations owned by the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation (CBC) that have been given permission by the Canadian Radio and Television Commission (CRTC) to continue broadcasting analog signalers for 2 more years. Therefore a Mass delete of Analog stations cannot be done until then. I believe but am not positive that one of the stations is in Sarnia Ontario. :( Please confirm this before doing the Mass Delete. In my area of the country this is not true so it does not affect me personally but it may be very important for other subscribers.

Yes, this is understood. That's why a true mass-delete can't be done, and why this is a slow process. By mass-delete I meant to say that we don't need tickets submitted to delete analogs; they will be deleted in due course.
rkulagow
SD Staff

Return to Lineup Issues