Returning shows season numbers

Forum rules
Get Help using the Schedules Direct service. NOTE: application issues are probably better resolved via the application's support methods. If you post here, at least include your application name!

Returning shows season numbers

Postby skipfire » Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:54 pm

Having problems with returning shows not getting the right season numbers. One example of this is Will & Grace with new episodes being marked as season 2 instead of season 11. Also problems with reboots where there is nothing to tell the difference between MacGyver (1985) and MacGyver (2016). Can anything be done to clear up these items?
Last edited by skipfire on Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
skipfire

Re: Returning shows season numbers

Postby gtb » Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:16 pm

skipfire wrote:Also problems with reboots where there is nothing to tell the difference between MacGyver (1985) and MacGyver (2016).

While likely not an answer you like, there sort of is a differentiator, as the program/series ID is different between those two (and also Will and Grace). It would depend on your app whether it goes only the simple titles (which can be a very bad thing, as titles are not unique as long as the previous show/movie is no longer current), or uses the underlying series ID to differentiate (it really should).
gtb

Re: Returning shows season numbers

Postby skipfire » Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:15 am

I'm using TheTVDB.com as my data source for TV shows & art, but they only list 1 SchedulesDirect ID for the series and I see it doesn't match the ID SD is now using so I have to figure that out. IMDB also lists it as one series with seasons 10 & 11 being the resumed seasons. With The X-Files, the SD data seemed to pick up as a continuation of the same series though.

Thanks for pointing out that SD is viewing them as different series, now I just have to figure out how to reconcile that they are different series in one spot but not in another.
skipfire

Return to Support