new lineups

Forum rules
Get Help using the Schedules Direct service. NOTE: application issues are probably better resolved via the application's support methods. If you post here, at least include your application name!

new lineups

Postby cbinder » Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:57 am

I have an antenna mounted on the side of my house. I have my account set to use the LocalBroadcast channels for my area. My problem is that my antenna gets more channels than are listed in the schedulesdirect lineup for my zipcode.
What can I do to be able to get channel listings for those additional channels? Can I create a custom lineup that I can add my own channels? Am I able to merge multiple LocalBroadcast lineups into one lineup?
cbinder

Re: new lineups

Postby rmeden » Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:53 am

If you're getting better reception than Gracenote expected, you can add a lineup for a zipcode closer to the other stations. You can have 4 lineups.
rmeden
SD Board Member

Postby cbinder » Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:33 am

rmeden wrote:If you're getting better reception than Gracenote expected, you can add a lineup for a zipcode closer to the other stations. You can have 4 lineups.

Ok. Thanks for the suggestion and I will have to look into it more.

However, my problem with doing that would then lie with my software that I'm using to pull the tv listings from SD. I use MythTV and I can only associate one channel lineup with each tuner. I would have to then pick one of my tuners to only use the "other" lineup that might only contain those few misc channels (depends on what other lineups are available). I know the MythTV software is not part of this forum and that support for it will not be found here.
I was just hoping there was a way to possibly "merge" lineups or "customize" them if there's a channel that wasn't available.

And, after doing more of my own testing, some of those channels that my tuner is "showing" are intermittent at best. It may take 60 seconds to get a lock on the channel and the signal drops in and out consistently. The channel(s) are not coming in reliably.
So, it appears that my original question may be a moot point, for now (until I get a larger antenna or put my antenna up higher, etc).
cbinder

Postby rmeden » Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:23 pm

If you're able to do some scripting, use XMLTV tools *XMLTV.org) to get schedule data in XMLTV format, then merge them into one file to load into MythTV.
rmeden
SD Board Member

Return to Support