Bad Hostname

Forum rules
Get Help using the Schedules Direct service. NOTE: application issues are probably better resolved via the application's support methods. If you post here, at least include your application name!

Bad Hostname

Postby mikefreeman » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:01 pm

Hello!

I'm running tvheadend, and have been using Schedules Direct for a little over a year. Suddenly, I'm getting "No Information Available" on all channels, and when I run the EPG Grabber, I get the following error:

Service description 'http://dd.schedulesdirect.org/tech/tmsdatadirect/schedulesdirect/tvDataDelivery.wsdl' can't be loaded: 500 Can't connect to dd.schedulesdirect.org:80 (Bad hostname)

I thought I may have reached a request limit and been blocked, but after following instructions in another recent post telling me to login to my account on the schedulesdirect.org website to reset it, it's still giving me the error. What can I do to fix this?

Thanks!
mikefreeman

Re: Bad Hostname

Postby rmeden » Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:38 pm

Can you ping dd.schedulesdirect.org from that computer?
Can you ping dd.schedulesdirect.org from a different computer?
Can you open the SD web page from that computer?

I don't know of any DNS or other issues with SD-DD service.

Robert
rmeden
SD Board Member

Re: Bad Hostname

Postby mikefreeman » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:40 pm

Nevermind. It was on my end. The computer I'm using as a media server was suddenly not able to resolve website names. I could ping IP's, but not domain names. Got that fixed, and Schedules Direct is back up and working now.

Thanks for sending me in the right direction!
mikefreeman

Return to Support