New user to SD

Forum rules
Get Help using the Schedules Direct service. NOTE: application issues are probably better resolved via the application's support methods. If you post here, at least include your application name!

New user to SD

Postby papakilo » Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:17 pm

I want to download more than 4 lineups at a time for a zipcode.... I am not an experienced coder, but can learn basic coding quickly. Can someone help me with JSON to download multiple lineups in one shot? With gratitude!
papakilo

Re: New user to SD

Postby rmeden » Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:18 pm

I think when you download you get all the lineups on your account. Why do you need more than 4? It's already pretty generous. I would suggest you have a large antenna tower, but you said the same zipcode.
rmeden
SD Board Member

Postby papakilo » Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:52 pm

rmeden wrote:I think when you download you get all the lineups on your account. Why do you need more than 4? It's already pretty generous. I would suggest you have a large antenna tower, but you said the same zipcode.

I may not have stated my request clearly enough: What I am looking to do is to "automate" the process of selecting the 4 lineups without going through the manual and interactive process. Perhaps the best analogy I can give is that when I want to start the download process itself from the command line in windows CMD window, I have created a ".bat" file with the commands to kick off the download process but that is only to DOWNLOAD the data. I am requesting help with writing JSON code to automate the selection of the 4 channels/feeds in a zip code, so that I can execute one command which will select the 4 specific lineups from the specified zip code, and then I can kickoff the download process separately via the ".bat" file. Thanks in advance... :)
papakilo

Postby rmeden » Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:52 pm

Why do you want to script lineup selection? You only need to do it once... not each time the grabber runs.
rmeden
SD Board Member

Return to Support