Schedules Direct working a little too well :D

Forum rules
Get Help using the Schedules Direct service. NOTE: application issues are probably better resolved via the application's support methods. If you post here, at least include your application name!

Schedules Direct working a little too well :D

Postby accomidus » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:50 pm

Greetings,
My apologies if I do not word this correctly as I am a total newb at this. I decided I wanted to get rid of my cable equipment by running a NUC running a mythbuntu setup. After a few days of working on it I finally got everything set up perfectly with one exception. I am under the impression if I go into my setup here on SD and disable the channels I do not have that when mythfilldb works its magic they wont appear in my guide or even on the channel setup screen (I have it set to pull listing from SD instead of channel scanning). Disabling channels on the SD website doesnt seemed to accomplished anything. It still seems to provide me with the entire listing available on FIOS in my area without removing anything. I realize I could go into the myth setup and set the channels to invisible but was hoping to get it working the way I think I understand it is supposed to work so if I decide to wipe the mythbuntu setup in 6 months I have a few hours less work by just re pulling the SD info. Any assistance would be appreciated. I tried deleting all channels in mythtv setup and the reran mythfill to see if that would work but it didn't seem to accomplish anything.

P.S. My apologies if I maybe missed something in the setup...as I said, a bit of a newb here

Acc
accomidus

Re: Schedules Direct working a little too well :D

Postby rmeden » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:30 pm

[ignore previous reply]

I looked at our download logs (assuming your SD username is the same as the forum), and you are using the SD-DD service.

On the web page, get a lineup report. Are the "extra" stations in there? If not, there's no way MythTV is seeing them. If they are in the report, disable them again.

Robert
rmeden
SD Board Member

Re: Schedules Direct working a little too well :D

Postby pete318 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:31 pm

Just a thought. I don't use myth so I'm just wondering aloud about how it might work.

Could it not be that this process has filled the DB some days ahead already and that by removing the channels you've just stopped filling them with new data, but you still have some days of future data still in the DB?
pete318

Return to Support