How to duplicate lineup?

Forum rules
Get Help using the Schedules Direct service. NOTE: application issues are probably better resolved via the application's support methods. If you post here, at least include your application name!

How to duplicate lineup?

Postby wdormann » Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:18 am

Hi folks. I've got a pretty simple requirement, but it seems that it's not possible currently. I have a cable lineup used by two different recording devices. However, one device cannot record channels protected by DRM. As a result, I would like to have two copies of my cable lineup in my profile, but one has a number of channels removed.

The problem is: once you select a cable lineup once, you cannot select it again when creating a new lineup. It is grayed out!

How can I achieve my goal?
wdormann

Re: How to duplicate lineup?

Postby rmeden » Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:35 am

It needs to be handled by the grabber or application.

For example, you can run tv_grab_na_dd with different config files to filter out different stations. You can even be efficient with it.. there are command options to save the raw data (--dd-data) and skip the download step for the next run (--reprocess).

Robert
rmeden
SD Board Member

Postby wdormann » Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:42 am

In my case, it's MythTV. But they don't currently have this ability. I was hoping I could address it on the schedulesdirect side...
wdormann

Postby rmeden » Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:31 pm

Not technically possible the way lineup information is stored without two accounts.

There are solutions for MythTV, I think it has to do with manually assigning channel IDs to tuners. Check on the MythTV list.

Worst case, you can always use tv_grab_na_dd to generate XMLTV data and then load it into MythTV.

Robert
rmeden
SD Board Member

Postby bonelifer » Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:38 pm

wdormann wrote:In my case, it's MythTV. But they don't currently have this ability. I was hoping I could address it on the schedulesdirect side...

I'll post a script for you later today or sometime tomorrow most likely. Need to make sure of a thing or two and tidy up the script. But this can all be done with one source with Two different tv_grab_* CONFIG files.
bonelifer

Return to Support