New User, XMLTV GUI cannot grab

Forum rules
Get Help using the Schedules Direct service. NOTE: application issues are probably better resolved via the application's support methods. If you post here, at least include your application name!

New User, XMLTV GUI cannot grab

Postby lorrrr » Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:39 am

Just trying out Schedules direct. I am in the UK and m using the latest versons of XMLTV and XMLTV GUI.

Problem is when I try to view stations none are displayed and I get the following errors about not being able to authenticate.

The setting screen for Schedules direct has no information only 2 data entry boxes. In the top one I have put my username in the bottom one I put my password.
I have also tried putting my email address in the top one and password in the 2nd.

This is the log report:
20:25:56 - Error calling OnShowShowSettings function of grabber NA - Schedules Direct: ...rogram Files (x86)\XMLTV GUI\scripts/na_sd/na_sd.lua:287: attempt to index local `zf' (a nil value)
20:26:33 - Web authentication, method: TIdBasicAuthentication
20:26:35 - HTTP Protocol error(401) downloading "http://webservices.schedulesdirect.tmsdatadirect.com/schedulesdirect/tvlistings/xtvdService" : <html><head><title>Apache Tomcat/5.5.20 - Error report</title><style><!--H1 {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:white;background-color:#525D76;font-size:22px;} H2 {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:white;background-color:#525D76;font-size:16px;} H3 {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:white;background-color:#525D76;font-size:14px;} BODY {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:black;background-color:white;} B {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:white;background-color:#525D76;} P {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;background:white;color:black;font-size:12px;}A {color : black;}A.name {color : black;}HR {color : #525D76;}--></style> </head><body><h1>HTTP Status 401 - </h1><HR size="1" noshade="noshade"><p><b>type</b> Status report</p><p><b>message</b> <u></u></p><p><b>description</b> <u>This request requires HTTP authentication ().</u></p><HR size="1" noshade="noshade"><h3>Apache Tomcat/5.5.20</h3></body></html><!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN">
<html><head>
<title>401 Unauthorized</title>
</head><body>
<h1>Unauthorized</h1>
<p>This server could not verify that you
are authorized to access the document
requested. Either you supplied the wrong
credentials (e.g., bad password), or your
browser doesn't understand how to supply
the credentials required.</p>
</body></html>

20:26:35 - Schedules Direct Authentication error, check your password in the grabber settings

Can any one please help me set this up.

Thanks in advance
Chris
lorrrr

Re: New User, XMLTV GUI cannot grab

Postby rmeden » Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:08 pm

Whoa...
http://webservices.schedulesdirect.tmsdatadirect.com

That's a very old URL for the SD service... to the point of not working on the traditional SD-DD service, much less the SD-JSON service you need for the UK. You may want to poke the XMLTV-GUI folks.. they need to update their program.

Try using the XMLTV SF project... http://files.xmltv.org via the command line. It's pretty easy to do. There are two SD-JSON grabbers that support the UK... tv_grab_sd_json and tv_grab_zz_sdjson_sqlite.

Robert
rmeden
SD Board Member

Postby lorrrr » Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:53 am

Yes the XMLTV you recommend is the one I am using. The XMLTV GUI is just a graphic front end for XMLTV without using the command line.
Will look into how to use the command line.
Chris
lorrrr

Postby rmeden » Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:15 am

There is an "approved application" called XMLTV-GUI. It does have a command line piece.

That is *not* the same as the normal XMLTV SF project \.

XMLTV-GUI has not been updated since 2011.

Robert
rmeden
SD Board Member

Postby lorrrr » Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:32 am

Thanks for the response
Switched to mc2xml instead. Works perfectly. Except for problems restricting the number of channel data downloaded.
Regards
Chris
lorrrr

Return to Support