MythTV Channel IDs

Forum rules
Get Help using the Schedules Direct service. NOTE: application issues are probably better resolved via the application's support methods. If you post here, at least include your application name!

MythTV Channel IDs

Postby diyhouse » Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:45 pm

Í have just updated my Mythbuntu 0.27 system to work with SD,.. following the demise of metabroadcast service to mere mortals.

Things seem to be proceeding well,.. but I cannot find a file that lists the 5 digit channel ID numbers used to map Mythtv to SD grabber.

I have found many of them ( on a wiki page ),.. but it would be very helpful to be able to view a complete list of the UK FreeSat and Freeview mappings.

many thanks
diyhouse

Re: MythTV Channel IDs

Postby diyhouse » Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:42 am

Well from the lack of response I guess no such file exists.... yet...

So after some more thought I have figured I can run the grabber with the configure option,.. and have then run "grep -A 1" on the output, to capture Channel ids, and Channel names,... then done some search and replace,.. and created an SQL script to do the updates I need,... one for SAT and one for Fview.... I will post back here for others when done...
diyhouse

Re: MythTV Channel IDs

Postby diyhouse » Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:14 pm

Ok,.. a little grep'ing and search and replace editing,.. I have arrived two sql scripts which insert the 5 digit codes for my area,.. and I'm sure would fill many peoples wants on an initial data fill for the xmltv data,...

If you find and error,.. missing entry, or typo,.. just correct it and re-run at the command line as follows..

mysql -umythtv -pXYZ87687 --database mythconverg < FS-nameeditV2.txt

Not saying this is perfect but a fair start for populating the xmltv info for SD

However,.. I would still love to get my hands on a definitive list of xmltv refs -> 5digit codes

Rgds
Attachments
FS-nameEditV2.txt
(13.07 KiB) Downloaded 99 times
FV-nameeditV2.txt
(13.7 KiB) Downloaded 87 times
diyhouse

Return to Support