Live Sports Flag in SD Date Field Schema

Forum rules
Get Help using the Schedules Direct service. NOTE: application issues are probably better resolved via the application's support methods. If you post here, at least include your application name!

Live Sports Flag in SD Date Field Schema

Postby scuccaro » Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:40 am

Hi All, All I am trying to do with the SD data is extract LIVE sports listing. The extraction is easy, but there is no field indicator to show if a record is live or taped. Is there a field in the data schema that indicates whether or not a program is LIVE? If yes, please let me know. If no, are there any suggested work arounds? Thanks.
scuccaro

Re: Live Sports Flag in SD Date Field Schema

Postby rmeden » Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:58 pm

I can't speak for SD-JSON, but I was surprised to find you're right, it wasn't in the Gracenote DD service, nor is it in the SD-DD service!

I did have the data available and just added it to the SD-DD service.

In the <schedule> tag, there's now an optional "live_tape" attribute. values are "Live", "Tape", "Delay".

Robert
rmeden
SD Board Member

Postby rkulagow » Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:42 am

The complete list of qualifiers available on the JSON service is at

https://github.com/SchedulesDirect/JSON ... ule-fields
rkulagow
SD Staff

Postby scuccaro » Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:40 pm

rmeden wrote:I can't speak for SD-JSON, but I was surprised to find you're right, it wasn't in the Gracenote DD service, nor is it in the SD-DD service!

I did have the data available and just added it to the SD-DD service.

In the <schedule> tag, there's now an optional "live_tape" attribute. values are "Live", "Tape", "Delay".

Robert

Thanks, Robert. So does this mean I can use the XMLTV tool in this fashion: xmltv tv_grab_na_dd --days 3 --live_vtape Live to grab 3 days of Live listings? I'm not sure if the new attribute works in the tv_grab_na_dd tool. Thanks - Scott
scuccaro

Postby rmeden » Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:59 pm

scuccaro wrote:Thanks, Robert. So does this mean I can use the XMLTV tool in this fashion: xmltv tv_grab_na_dd --days 3 --live_vtape Live to grab 3 days of Live listings? I'm not sure if the new attribute works in the tv_grab_na_dd tool.

I looked at the XMLTV DTD and I didn't see a place to specify live, so I didn't update tv_grab_na_dd to include it in the XMLTV output, just added it to Schedules Direct.

Since you want it with XMLTV, I'll post to the XMLTV-DEVEL list asking for consensus to add it.

Robert
rmeden
SD Board Member

Postby scuccaro » Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:22 pm

[/quote] I looked at the XMLTV DTD and I didn't see a place to specify live, so I didn't update tv_grab_na_dd to include it in the XMLTV output, just added it to Schedules Direct.

Since you want it with XMLTV, I'll post to the XMLTV-DEVEL list asking for consensus to add it.

Robert[/quote]

Thanks. In the meantime, is there a tool or support application that you recommend that I use besides XMLTV? I'm working off a Windows 7 laptop.
scuccaro

Postby rmeden » Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:35 pm

Well, what are you looking to do? Access the data directly with your own program? Generally you need data in the format the app wants.

If you just want to to download SD-DD data, you can use XMLTV and just specify the --dd-data dd.xml --download-only switches

You can also write a few lines of code to do the download in a number of languages. There are examples in this forum.

Robert
rmeden
SD Board Member

Postby scuccaro » Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:43 am

Thanks, Robert. What I'm ultimately trying to do is put together a schedule of live sports events (MLB Baseball, NBA Basketball, et. al.) on a weekly basis that I can view in Excel. What I’m trying to do procedurally is the following

1. Extract/Grab the SD Data for my defined channel lineup
2. Then filter the data to contain only the records with your newly added “live_tape” field equal to LIVE
3. Convert the filtered file to text or CSV
4. Import into Excel for formatting, further data manipulation, etc.

Based on what you wrote earlier, XMLTV tools do not yet recognize the “live_tape” field. So I’m looking for some other way to get the filtered data into Excel.

Thanks,
Scott
scuccaro

Postby rmeden » Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:55 pm

You can use " tv_grab_na_dd --dd-data dd.xml --downloadonly" to download raw data to dd.xml Then you can write a program to process the dd.xml file finding the information you want and either write it to an excel file or a tab or comma separated file for excel
rmeden
SD Board Member

Postby scuccaro » Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:51 am

I will give that a try, Thanks again for your support - much appreciated.
scuccaro

Next

Return to Support