Kodi, HDHomerun Prime, & Schedules Direct?

Forum rules
Get Help using the Schedules Direct service. NOTE: application issues are probably better resolved via the application's support methods. If you post here, at least include your application name!

Kodi, HDHomerun Prime, & Schedules Direct?

Postby LegendsCoach » Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:03 am

I have a HTN consisting of a HDHomerun Prime unit with a cablecard as well as a pair of NUCs running windows 7 (one is a Media Server running Plex and MediaPortal and the other is a MediaDownloader with SABnzbd, Couchpotato, SickRage and Headphones running on it) feeding several Kodi's in different rooms.

Though I am very satisfied with the HDHomerun unit itself, I am not really satisfied with the MediaPortal/HDHomerun Prime part of my set up (could never get NextPVR to work properly). I feel it is a level of complexity that I don't actually need since I don't really do any recording and it tends to be the most unstable part of my whole setup.

What I use Live TV for is primarily watching live sporting events. I really like the HDHomerun addon except I am frustrated with it's EPG because you can't see the whole schedule. That makes it rather hard to browse for sporting events.

What I would like to be able to do is decommission the MediaPortal installation and just link my HDHomerun Prime unit to my SchedulesDirect account. Can anyone tell me if this is possible through one of the Kodi EPG addons and step me through how to set it up?

Many thanks
LegendsCoach

Re: Kodi, HDHomerun Prime, & Schedules Direct?

Postby rkulagow » Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:25 am

Have you considered Emby? They have integrated Live TV directly into the core application now.
rkulagow
SD Staff

Postby LegendsCoach » Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:46 am

That would entail me essentially starting over with a substantial portion of my system. I'm not adverse to it but I would have to really understand the upside to doing that. Isn't there a simpler way to just cut out the middle tier of my installation and connect my HDHomerun Prime unit directly to an EPG through an addon?
LegendsCoach

Postby rkulagow » Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:29 am

I'm not aware of any plugin that runs directly on Kodi that displays an EPG without using a backend of some sort. Have you asked in the Kodi forums?
rkulagow
SD Staff

Postby rmeden » Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:15 pm

LegendsCoach wrote:What I would like to be able to do is decommission the MediaPortal installation and just link my HDHomerun Prime unit to my SchedulesDirect account.

The HDHomerun Prime is just hardware.. you need software to view it.. that's what would use guide data.

If SiliconDust *did* provide software, you wouldn't be able to use that with SD data because it's a commercial product and SD is only licensed to provide data to non-commercial apps.

So I'm not sure what you mean by "link your HDHomerun to your SD account"
rmeden
SD Board Member

Return to Support