Can't download EPG with multiple clients

Forum rules
Get Help using the Schedules Direct service. NOTE: application issues are probably better resolved via the application's support methods. If you post here, at least include your application name!

Can't download EPG with multiple clients

Postby millerbrad » Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:28 pm

Mediaportal does not download anymore (it did previously)
mc2xml gives me a TCP error
Xmltv gives me error 500

I tried removing and readding my lineup on the SD website. No change.

I wonder if the problem maybe started because I had set my clock ahead to August 15th while trying to get Windows 10 to install.
millerbrad

Re: Can't download EPG with multiple clients

Postby rmeden » Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:11 pm

500 error means some sort of server error. If you capture the raw data with "--dd-data dd.xml" sometimes a text error is in the dd.xml file.

You can always test SD-DD at http://schedulesdirect.org/getdata with a web browser, that performs the same download your app is supposed to do.

I've ready about lots of people having trouble with MC2XML lately (and not just those using it to steal Microsoft's data.) I think there's a new version.
rmeden
SD Board Member

Postby millerbrad » Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:58 am

I'm trying the newest version of mc2xml.

Here's the error xml2tv gives me when I try to configure it:
Service description 'http://dd.schedulesdirect.org/tech/tmsdatadirect/schedulesdirect/tvDataDelivery.wsdl' can't be loaded: 500 Can't connect to dd.schedulesdirect.org:80

The getdata test works for me. Maybe I'm blocked? If I login, Chrome gives me a ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT error if I try to view http://dd.schedulesdirect.org/
millerbrad

Postby millerbrad » Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:41 am

So, I think my IP is blocked, as Chrome on my phone gives me a connection refused error for the dd page. If I switch to a 4G connection, it redirects.

Odd, since MediaPortal is only set up to download the EPG every 24hrs. And I had apparently already been blocked when I started trying to setup mc2xml\xml2tv to use ArgusTV as my recording backend -- because all I've seen from those 2 programs are the errors I mentioned previously (and MP had already stopped syncing when I started testing).
millerbrad

Postby millerbrad » Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:13 am

I have access again. Must've been blocked. Probably triggered a bunch of MediaPortal EPG requests yesterday when I fiddled around with the system date.
millerbrad

Postby rmeden » Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:27 pm

The way it's currently configured you have to work really hard to get blocked. If you log in to the SD web page it should unblock you.
rmeden
SD Board Member

Postby kinjo » Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:32 am

Here’s the mail I got recently

Hello,
Thank you for the updated status of the issue. Let us try the best we can to resolve your issue.

We understand that you are getting an error message (This webpage is not available) when you try to access website. We also noted that this issue also persists with other internet browsers.
Share this information to assist you further.
--Have you installed a new application (firewall or antivirus) on your computer?
If you use a proxy server, check your proxy settings or contact your network administrator to make sure the proxy server is working. If you don’t believe you should be using a proxy server, adjust your proxy settings: Go to the Chrome menu > Settings > + Show advanced settings > Change proxy settings… > LAN Settings and deselect the “Use a proxy server for your LAN” checkbox.
ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT – Solutions Encyclopedia
kinjo

Return to Support