Display Name troubles

Forum rules
Get Help using the Schedules Direct service. NOTE: application issues are probably better resolved via the application's support methods. If you post here, at least include your application name!

Display Name troubles

Postby numerouno » Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:21 am

Hi all,

Having a bit of trouble with my display names that are being generated while using mc2xml.

I have created a proper .ren file in hopes to fix the issue.

mc2xml.ren
Code: Select all
133:Create

xmltv.xml output
Code: Select all
   <channel id="ICreate.34135.schedulesdirect.org">
      <display-name>Create WLIWDT2</display-name>
      <display-name>Create</display-name>
      <display-name>21 WLIWDT2 fcc</display-name>
      <display-name>WLIWDT2</display-name>
      <display-name>WLIWDT2 (WLIW-DT2)</display-name>
      <display-name>PBS Affiliate</display-name>
   </channel>

end goal is to use the xmltv.xml file within Kodi. There seem to be too many <display-name> tags and the software seems to be confused. I found that once I remove all the display-name tags that are not relevant to my use the software is able to pick up the channel with the proper guide metadata.

Is there anyway to remove the names that are not in use as to not confuse the simple iptv kodi pvr add-on?

Thanks in advance.
numerouno

Re: Display Name troubles

Postby rmeden » Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:59 pm

The first <display-name> field is the most important and is usually used for display purposes. The others are useful for searches.

You really don't have an SD issue, but a Kodi issue.. have you posted in their forum?

You can also write a script to look through the XMLTV file and drop the extra display-name fields.

Robert
rmeden
SD Board Member

Return to Support