xmltv versus schedulesdirect confusion

Forum rules
Get Help using the Schedules Direct service. NOTE: application issues are probably better resolved via the application's support methods. If you post here, at least include your application name!

xmltv versus schedulesdirect confusion

Postby squonk » Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:09 pm

I got a SD account and I want to use it with xmltv.

However, xmltv with the --configure option only ever asks for an API key that is for their own service. I see no way to put in a SD account, SD API key or the like. Am I overlooking something or did they go out of sync? Are you guys still hanging out? :)

In general, all I need (and would pay for) is the equivalent of a grep(1) so that I can have a little robot giving me heads ups. I didn't find a simple commandline thing in the client list. Looks like after xmltv the next closest thing would be the python->mysql package. Any recommendations?

Also, the links to both "personal experimentation" options on the bottom of the client page are broken (both bring up blank pages).
squonk

Re: xmltv versus schedulesdirect confusion

Postby rmeden » Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:25 pm

the Sourceforge XMLTV project has a bunch of grabbers. tv_grab_na_dd is the one that uses Schedules Direct.

You must be using a very old version if it's asking for an API key (I think the 6+ year old zap2it labs version did that)

http://files.xmltv.org

tv_grab_na_dd --configure # answer questions
tv_grab_na_dd --output tv.xml # output 7 days of data to tv.xml

If you're using the Windows XMLTV.EXE, but xmltv.exe in front of the command.

RObert

Robert
rmeden
SD Board Member

Postby squonk » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:36 pm

OK.

I actually didn't get the _dd script since I was missing a dependency and ran the _tvmedia one.

Thanks!
squonk

Postby rmeden » Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:30 pm

so I guess you need to contact the _tvmedia folks :)

<xmltv lead hat>
If you're running linux, you should be able to get a package with the XMLTV project and all the depenancies. If you're running windows, it's easier not to use native perl, but just use xmltv.exe.
</xmltv lead hat>

BTW, I did play with their data a little bit... SD has much better data, if I do say so myself! :)

Robert
rmeden
SD Board Member

Return to Support