xmltv versus schedulesdirect confusion

Forum rules
Get Help using the Schedules Direct service. NOTE: application issues are probably better resolved via the application's support methods. If you post here, at least include your application name!
squonk

xmltv versus schedulesdirect confusion

Post by squonk » Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:09 pm

I got a SD account and I want to use it with xmltv.

However, xmltv with the --configure option only ever asks for an API key that is for their own service. I see no way to put in a SD account, SD API key or the like. Am I overlooking something or did they go out of sync? Are you guys still hanging out? :)

In general, all I need (and would pay for) is the equivalent of a grep(1) so that I can have a little robot giving me heads ups. I didn't find a simple commandline thing in the client list. Looks like after xmltv the next closest thing would be the python->mysql package. Any recommendations?

Also, the links to both "personal experimentation" options on the bottom of the client page are broken (both bring up blank pages).

rmeden
SD Board Member

Re: xmltv versus schedulesdirect confusion

Post by rmeden » Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:25 pm

the Sourceforge XMLTV project has a bunch of grabbers. tv_grab_na_dd is the one that uses Schedules Direct.

You must be using a very old version if it's asking for an API key (I think the 6+ year old zap2it labs version did that)

http://files.xmltv.org

tv_grab_na_dd --configure # answer questions
tv_grab_na_dd --output tv.xml # output 7 days of data to tv.xml

If you're using the Windows XMLTV.EXE, but xmltv.exe in front of the command.

RObert

Robert

squonk

Post by squonk » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:36 pm

OK.

I actually didn't get the _dd script since I was missing a dependency and ran the _tvmedia one.

Thanks!

rmeden
SD Board Member

Post by rmeden » Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:30 pm

so I guess you need to contact the _tvmedia folks :)

<xmltv lead hat>
If you're running linux, you should be able to get a package with the XMLTV project and all the depenancies. If you're running windows, it's easier not to use native perl, but just use xmltv.exe.
</xmltv lead hat>

BTW, I did play with their data a little bit... SD has much better data, if I do say so myself! :)

Robert