Problems connecting to sd-dd servers ( blocking )

Forum rules
Get Help using the Schedules Direct service. NOTE: application issues are probably better resolved via the application's support methods. If you post here, at least include your application name!

Re: Problems connecting to sd-dd servers ( blocking )

Postby mrburns42 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:32 pm

Well, I have played around with this for hours without any luck. TVHeadend appears to be configured OK. My channels are defined there any mapped to the appropriate zap2it.com numbers. Yet, I have no data. I even removed the hosts file hack and editted the perl script to fix it properly. Rebooted and still no joy.

I went to edit my account thinking if I enabled another channel, then perhaps I could see if it would show up in my listing. When I opened account on the website, I go two surprises. First, the only enabled channel is one I never heard of and is not listed in TVHeadend. Secondly, none of the channel numbers are correct. I am on basic cable from Time Warner of Central Texas. The local CBS station is KEYEDT. The channel number was 1531. Looking at the listing on the Schedules Direct website, the number appears are 1209 and was not enabled for me. If I hover over it, the zap2it number is the same one I have been using, 33424.

Going to the Timer Warner Website, they also report 1209 now instead of the 1531. Therefore, it appears that at some point recently, Time Warner changed these numbers and all my channels got disabled in Schedules Direct. However, the funny thing is I can still tune the channels without rescanning the TV. On the TV, I enter the actual station's channel number, 42 for the CBS channel in question.

So, do I have to both enable all the channels again in Schedules Direct and then edit all the entries in TVHeadend to make the numbers match? Any idea why this changed? A humble suggestion if a major lineup change is going to hose a subscriber, then a warning email would be greatly appreciated.
mrburns42

Postby seank » Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:56 pm

Hi there. I wrote this morning that I got blocked when trying to troubleshoot why I was only getting partial day schedules. I have an empty program's list right now and I'm going to miss my out on my shows tonight. I'm a paid subscriber -- please unblock me -- I sent a PM to rmedan with my IP address.
seank

Postby rmeden » Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:37 pm

mrburns42 wrote:So, do I have to both enable all the channels again in Schedules Direct and then edit all the entries in TVHeadend to make the numbers match? Any idea why this changed? A humble suggestion if a major lineup change is going to hose a subscriber, then a warning email would be greatly appreciated.

I would certainly add those channels back.. no idea how it can happen by accident... our DB only holds disabled channels, so if nothing is disabled you have no entries in the table. Once you're getting guide data, then I would look into having tvheadend display them.

We send notices when we detect a lineup is going away. If you've had changes to your lineup, your cable company normally notifies you.

seank wrote:Hi there. I wrote this morning that I got blocked when trying to troubleshoot why I was only getting partial day schedules. I have an empty program's list right now and I'm going to miss my out on my shows tonight. I'm a paid subscriber -- please unblock me -- I sent a PM to rmedan with my IP address.

You know we at SD have day jobs right? You downloaded 200 times due to application problems causing a 24 hours block. Honestly, I think 200 downloads a day is plenty, but I still unblocked you. I suggest you focus on your application problems and not take it out on our servers.
rmeden
SD Board Member

Postby mrburns42 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:34 pm

I renewed my subscription right about the time my problems occurred. Perhaps the update of my subscription is what hosed up the enabled channels. Tonight, I re-enabled the basic cable channels that I am interested in. Then I installed FreeGuide executable under Windows. I setup that program and it can see the program data on that machine.

Next I ran "tv_grab_na_dd --configure" on the Linux system. It also connected to the Schedule Direct server and got channel names. However, the Linux system still does not work. Comparing the two tv_grab_na_dd.config files, the Linux one that does not work, puts a "not" in from of channel. The two versions are pasted below. I tried editing out the "nots" but it did not seem to have any effect. Since these channels are enabled on the website, I cannot understand why it disables them in this file.

The whole thing is the twilight zone. Time Warner and Zap2It may refer to the channels with the numbers below. However, if I scan with the hdhomerun tuner, what I find in the data stream the old numbers. For example "PROGRAM 1531: 42.1 KEYE-DT" is what is in the datastream. The channel listing used to have the 1531 number. Now, it has 1209 which is meaningless as far as I can see.

username: *******
password: *********
timeoffset: -0600
lineup: TX60669:X
not channel: 1221 KLRUDT
not channel: 1203 KXANDT
not channel: 1206 KTBCDT
not channel: 1200 KVUEDT
not channel: 1270 KLRUDT2
not channel: 1212 KNVADT
not channel: 1209 KEYEDT

username: *******
password: *********
timeoffset: -0600
lineup: TX60669:X
auto-config: ignore
channel: 1221 KLRUDT
channel: 1203 KXANDT
channel: 1206 KTBCDT
channel: 1200 KVUEDT
channel: 1270 KLRUDT2
channel: 1212 KNVADT
channel: 1209 KEYEDT
mrburns42

Postby rmeden » Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:07 am

Since tv_grab_na_dd on Windows works, the problem isn't on the SD side.. (the account is the same).

tv_grab_na_dd has it's own exclude mechanism... that's what the "not" entries are in the config file. It basically says if this station is received from SD, don't output it. I don't know if TVHeadend automatically configures the tv_grab_na_dd config file.

It sounds like the problem now is all tv_headend, the SD server blocking. Maybe the tv_headend folks can help?

Robert
rmeden
SD Board Member

Postby seank » Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:54 am

"I suggest you focus on your application problems and not take it out on our servers."

Wow. OK. Considered me chastised. I will find a different way of troubleshooting in the future.

For the record, I didn't see the part in your post that the block would expire in 24 hours -- I thought I had to contact you to get unblocked; otherwise, I wouldn't have bothered you.

This would have been a lot easier for me (and less of a pain for you) if the FAQ on the Schedule Direct page detailed both the limitation and the fact that the block is temporary. It took me a while (and quite a bit of frustration) to figure out what was going on.
seank

Postby rmeden » Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:30 pm

Good point about adding it to the FAQ.. done. (It is the top news item on our home page though)

And the reference to focusing on the application was because there were 200 successful downloads before you were blocked. Obviously, the problem lies elsewhere.
rmeden
SD Board Member

Postby Centove » Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:40 pm

It looks like I somehow managed to get blocked? Myth hadn't been running here for a couple of days (OS issues) and I finally got around to re-installing the backend and was working on setting it up. I get to the point of downloading the channel list.

So I'm in mythtv-setup. get the tuners all set up (hdhomerun), then set the video sources up, username/password check. download line ups.......
nothing...

huh?

come here.

Yep ip 68.184.89.166 is apparently blocked. Can I get a clue or two how this happened? Like I said I just re-installed mythbackend after it not installed/working for a couple of days.
Centove

Postby rmeden » Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:10 pm

I removed the block.

It was caused by over 100 bad authorizations in a 2 hour period. I suspect you have your username or password wrong.
rmeden
SD Board Member

Postby Flamez » Sun Dec 28, 2014 8:26 am

Well I am new to mythtv and have been trying to get it all working and it seems I may have gotten myself blocked here on schedules Direct? Hopefully I can get unblocked soon.

Thanks
Flamez

PreviousNext

Return to Support