SD-DD and multiple lineups

Forum rules
Get Help using the Schedules Direct service. NOTE: application issues are probably better resolved via the application's support methods. If you post here, at least include your application name!
djg

SD-DD and multiple lineups

Post by djg » Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:53 am

I saw some discussion probably related to this weeks ago, but I didn't know exactly how it would work out with the new
SD website, so I was waiting for the switchover.

I have MythTV with two sources, a DirecTV box and an HD Homerun getting OTA. I can't see how to set up local channels properly under the new system.

Let's use WRC Washington as an example. The DirecTV lineup has both xmlid 11811 for WRC channel 4 (downconverted standard def) and xmlid 19578 for WRCDT channel 4 (high def). Since I don't have an HD box, I have had 11811 selected and 19578 deselected on my DirecTV lineup. The OTA lineup, however, has had 19578 selected for 4-1 as that's obviously what it gets as well as being the only option for the main channel.

However, now, 19578 has been deselected on my OTA lineup, and I don't seem to be able to turn it back on. Is there a waiting period after editing a lineup before the changes will be visible when going back into it? Otherwise, it appears that having it deselected on the DirecTV lineup is preventing me from selecting it on the OTA lineup. I haven't tried whether selecting it on the DirecTV lineup is blocked by its being deselected on the OTA lineup. The website won't let me try to select it in both lineups simultaneously. :?

Many of the 19578 shows are marked as HD; none of the 11811 shows are. This was all well and good, and I could select on that. This is, I assume, why there *are* still two xmlids for each of the main broadcast channels in the DirecTV lineup.

Under the new scheme, does a channel have to be selected in all possible lineups to be downloaded? It's then up to the application to ignore channels it doesn't want or get from a particular lineup? And it's up to the user to search all lineups for a given channel?

rmeden
SD Board Member

Re: SD-DD and multiple lineups

Post by rmeden » Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:18 pm

Let me summarize.

On DirectTV
11811 is WRC SD
19578 is WRC HD
On Antenna
19578 is WRC HD

That sounds correct and reasonable to me. Since you don't have a HD DirectTV tuner, disabling 19578 on DirectTV also reflects reality.

The problem is you can't turn local broadcast 19578 back on. It's not related to the DirectTV lineup, channel exclusion takes lineup-id into account. Try removing the LocalBroadcast lineup and re-adding it.

I just tested a similar setup and it worked.

djg

Re: SD-DD and multiple lineups

Post by djg » Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:52 pm

rmeden wrote: The problem is you can't turn local broadcast 19578 back on. It's not related to the DirectTV lineup, channel exclusion takes lineup-id into account. Try removing the LocalBroadcast lineup and re-adding it.

I just tested a similar setup and it worked.
OK, I did that and it worked in the sense that getdata2 is providing the correct channels for each lineup (I didn't check that before). It appears to be purely the website lineup display that is screwy.

I deleted the broadcast lineup and re-added it. All channels were initially shown as selected, except precisely the 8 channels that also appear in the DirecTV lineup and are unselected there. I changed things to my desired set of channels and saved. When I first tried to re-edit that lineup, it said (red box) "Error: Unknown lineup:PC:20817". The next re-edit attempt got an empty set of channels. The next try got the correct set back, with the overlapping channels unselected. Reselecting them and saving again got them back to unselected on the next edit attempt. Then I finally went for getdata2.