DataDirect replacement service going live!

Forum rules
Get Help using the Schedules Direct service. NOTE: application issues are probably better resolved via the application's support methods. If you post here, at least include your application name!

Re: DataDirect replacement service going live!

Postby ericwl » Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:05 pm

I am confused. Put off making any changes until system failed. Still running old XMLTV and just ran a successful download.

Has the the migration been delayed???
ericwl

Postby SFischer1 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:20 pm

ericwl wrote:I am confused. Put off making any changes until system failed. Still running old XMLTV and just ran a successful download.

SD servers have been supplying the data for some time now.

The last shoe to drop are the old DNS entries for Gracenote (TMS) which now are pointing at the SD servers.

So there is no reason to not upgrade to the new XMLtv.

When the old DNS entries for Gracenote (TMS) are deleted the switch will be complete and all users that who are not using the new DNS entries for Schedules Direct will get no listings.

SHF
SFischer1

Postby rmeden » Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:35 pm

ericwl wrote:I am confused. Put off making any changes until system failed. Still running old XMLTV and just ran a successful download.

*THAT* is the very definition of a smooth transition. You're welcome. :)

(what SFischer1 wrote is absolutely correct)
rmeden
SD Board Member

Re: Tribune sending requests to new SD-DD service

Postby skst » Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:37 am

rmeden wrote:The WSDL is available. http://dd.schedulesdirect.org/tech/tmsd ... ivery.wsdl

I've downloaded the new WSDL and run it through Visual Studio 2013 Update 4's wsdl.exe tool. These are the warnings and errors:

Code: Select all
-> "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v8.1A\bin\NETFX 4.5.1 Tools\wsdl.exe" /namespace:SchedulesDirectWebSer
vice tvDataDelivery.wsdl
Microsoft (R) Web Services Description Language Utility
[Microsoft (R) .NET Framework, Version 4.0.30319.33440]
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Warning: This web reference does not conform to WS-I Basic Profile v1.1.
R2028, R2029: A DESCRIPTION using the WSDL namespace and the WSDL SOAP binding namespace MUST be valid according to the
XML Schemas found at http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/2003-02-11.xsd and http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/soap/2003-02-11.
xsd.
  -  Warning: The 'http://www.w3.org/XML/1998/namespace:lang' attribute is not declared. Line 55, position 18.
  -  Warning: The 'name' attribute is invalid - The value 'tms:webserviceFault' is invalid according to its datatype 'ht
tp://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema:NCName' - The ':' character, hexadecimal value 0x3A, cannot be included in a name. Line 8
1, position 17.

R2706: A wsdl:binding in a DESCRIPTION MUST use the value of "literal" for the use attribute in all soapbind:body, soapb
ind:fault, soapbind:header and soapbind:headerfault elements.
  -  Input element soapbind:body of operation 'download' on portType 'xtvdBinding' from namespace 'urn:TMSWebServices'.

-  Output element soapbind:body of operation 'download' on portType 'xtvdBinding' from namespace 'urn:TMSWebServices'.

-  soapbind:fault 'tms:webserviceFault' on operation 'download' on portType 'xtvdBinding' from namespace 'urn:TMSWebSe
rvices'.

R2717: An rpc-literal binding in a DESCRIPTION MUST have the namespace attribute specified, the value of which MUST be a
n absolute URI, on contained soapbind:body elements.
  -  Input element soapbind:body of operation 'acknowledge' on portType 'xtvdBinding' from namespace 'urn:TMSWebServices
'.
  -  Output element soapbind:body of operation 'acknowledge' on portType 'xtvdBinding' from namespace 'urn:TMSWebService
s'.

R2705: A DESCRIPTION MUST use the same value of, either 'rpc' or 'document' for the style attribute for all of its opera
tions in a portType, in the SOAP Binding description.
  -  Binding 'xtvdBinding' from namespace 'urn:TMSWebServices'.

For more details on the WS-I Basic Profile v1.1, see the specification
at http://www.ws-i.org/Profiles/BasicProfile-1.1.html.

Error: Unable to import binding 'xtvdBinding' from namespace 'urn:TMSWebServices'.
  - Unable to import operation 'download'.
  - The datatype 'urn:TMSWebServices:dateTime' is missing.

Is this supposed to be valid out-of-the-box, or are we supposed to hand-edit it to make it valid?

Also, are there any samples for using WSDL or the Service. I actually think I've got WSDL down, but I'd also like to be able to download the data as XML, and I can't figure out how to do that. Is that the Service part? If so, what POST data do I need to include?
----------------------------------------

USA-IL58819-X
WOW Chicago Suburbs - Digital
USA 60005
skst

Postby rmeden » Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:08 pm

Unfortunately, I"m not a SOAP guru and had to edit the WSDL by hand.... PHP was very picky, but I got it working. If you can made any suggested changes, I'm open to them!

Robert
rmeden
SD Board Member

Postby skst » Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:49 am

Ha, I'm not one either, but with these changes, it compiles with the WSDL tool that comes with Visual Studio 2013 Update 4. I can't comment on its compatibility with PHP though. Maybe you need to provide two different WSDL files. :)
Attachments
tvDataDelivery.wsdl.txt
WSDL file updated for VS2013U4 (remove .txt extension)
(5.06 KiB) Downloaded 630 times

USA-IL58819-X
USA 60005
skst

Postby rmeden » Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:08 pm

I've published your changes... so far things look normal to me. See if it works for you now.
rmeden
SD Board Member

Postby skst » Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:47 pm

Again, I can't comment on any other toolset, but it compiles successfully for Visual Studio 2013 Update 4. I do still have to download the XSD file referenced by the WSDL file and the XSD file referenced by the first XSD file. Then, of course, I have to edit the WSDL and XSD files to remove the URL path (leaving just the filename, so it's referencing the local copy).

http://dd.schedulesdirect.org/tech/tmsdatadirect/schedulesdirect/tmsxgv1.xsd
http://dd.schedulesdirect.org/tech/tmsdatadirect/schedulesdirect/tmsxtvdv1.xsd

Note: the start and stop times are in UTC and in ISO 8601 format: YYYY-MM-DDThh:mm:ssZ

It might be useful to some if that were added to the documentation in the WSDL file itself.

USA-IL58819-X
USA 60005
skst

Postby rmeden » Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:46 pm

skst wrote:Again, I can't comment on any other toolset, but it compiles successfully for Visual Studio 2013 Update 4. I do still have to download the XSD file referenced by the WSDL file and the XSD file referenced by the first XSD file. Then, of course, I have to edit the WSDL and XSD files to remove the URL path (leaving just the filename, so it's referencing the local copy).

http://dd.schedulesdirect.org/tech/tmsdatadirect/schedulesdirect/tmsxgv1.xsd
http://dd.schedulesdirect.org/tech/tmsdatadirect/schedulesdirect/tmsxtvdv1.xsd

Note: the start and stop times are in UTC and in ISO 8601 format: YYYY-MM-DDThh:mm:ssZ

It might be useful to some if that were added to the documentation in the WSDL file itself.

Yes, I replaced your local filename with the full path to the XSD files. You can't count on everyone having a local copy. Why doesn't your toolset grab it from the URL?

I'll look into adding a comment the WSDL file for the start/stop time format.

Robert
rmeden
SD Board Member

Postby skst » Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:12 pm

Yeah, sorry about that. I forgot to revert that change before I uploaded it. I have no idea why the tool doesn't download it itself. It really seems like it should, and maybe it can, but I'm not using the right switch or something.

USA-IL58819-X
USA 60005
skst

Previous

Return to Support