DataDirect replacement service going live!

Forum rules
Get Help using the Schedules Direct service. NOTE: application issues are probably better resolved via the application's support methods. If you post here, at least include your application name!

Re: DataDirect replacement service going live!

Postby saintdev » Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:46 pm

rmeden wrote:
saintdev wrote:Since switching over to the SD server, I've been getting a few channels that don't show up in my lineup on the SD site, so I can't
disable them. Two of them have the same channel numbers as existing channels in my lineup (HD and SD of the same channel), but different callsigns. The other is a channel that doesn't show up in my lineup on the site, the official guide, or my cablecard channel lineup.

You'll be able to disable them Thursday. At that point I'll cut the SD website over to use SD-DD as the display data source. If you need to do it sooner, PM me and I'll provide instructions.

Ok, now that the switch is done, I double-checked my channels. I now have a bunch of channels that keep getting added in mythtv that the web interface says are already disabled. Most of these are PPV or On Demand channels. Some, but not all, of them are not even listed on the official listings from my provider. I'm missing at least one channel. One channel's callsign (and lineup id) was changed from the actual affiliate to the local retransmitter's callsign (and lineup id). Both show up in my listings even though only the latter is listed in the web interface. One channel is just plain the wrong channel. Also, a few channels that were previously enabled are now disabled. Not a big deal, I can just reenable them again.
saintdev

Postby rmeden » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:38 am

saintdev wrote:Ok, now that the switch is done, I double-checked my channels.

What made you think the switch was done? I posted last week that it would happen Monday morning. You posted the above at 12:38am Monday!

Tribune made the cut around 9:45CST today. I'm still making system changes to deal with it.
rmeden
SD Board Member

Postby saintdev » Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:52 am

rmeden wrote:
saintdev wrote:Ok, now that the switch is done, I double-checked my channels.

What made you think the switch was done? I posted last week that it would happen Monday morning. You posted the above at 12:38am Monday!

Tribune made the cut around 9:45CST today. I'm still making system changes to deal with it.

Sorry, I think we misunderstood each other. I was already using the SD-DD service, so I didn't mean to sound like I was talking about Gracenote switching over. I was talking about you switching the website over, which you said was going to happen Thursday.

You'll be able to disable them Thursday. At that point I'll cut the SD website over to use SD-DD as the display data source. If you need to do it sooner, PM me and I'll provide instructions.

Anyway, what can I do to fix the issue with channels that are disabled in the website, but are still downloading? Or about the missing and incorrect channels?
saintdev

Postby rmeden » Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:24 am

Tribune was supposed to cut DNS on Thursday, at which time I would start on the web.. that didn't happen until yesterday.

Anyway, now you can go to the SD web page, edit your lineups and "what you see is what you should get" since it is all using SD-DD. Even if you don't change anything, save your lineups.

Robert
rmeden
SD Board Member

Re: DataDirect replacement service going live! MacProgramGui

Postby macprogramguideuser » Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:37 pm

Hi, I'm using MacProgramGuide on older macs which I can't upgrade (v0.58 on OS X10.4, and v1.0 on OSX10.5).

So I edited the hosts files as recommended in this post viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2614#p8052 and confirmed that looking up docs.tms.tribune.com and webservices.schedulesdirect.tmsdatadirect.com returns the new IP: 54.85.117.227.

But both versions of MacProgramGuide fail to download new data. When you click on the load button - at the bottom of the MacProgramGuide window is says "Adding Authentication to Request" and no new data is downloaded. This message doesn't go away until the application is relaunched.

What can I do to correct this problem given I can't upgrade.

Thanks
macprogramguideuser

Postby coolmacsoftware » Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:15 am

macprogramguideuser wrote:Hi, I'm using MacProgramGuide on older macs which I can't upgrade (v0.58 on OS X10.4, and v1.0 on OSX10.5).

Right now there are not releases that support older versions OS versions.
coolmacsoftware
SD Board Member

Re: Tribune sending requests to new SD-DD service

Postby sgraves » Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:58 pm

I'm unable to reach the new server. It continues to time-out trying to connect. Is it currently active?
sgraves

Re: Tribune sending requests to new SD-DD service

Postby rkulagow » Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:31 pm

The new servers are active. What application are you using?
rkulagow
SD Staff

Postby sgraves » Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:50 pm

Duplicate post
Last edited by sgraves on Sun Nov 09, 2014 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sgraves

Postby sgraves » Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:55 pm

Both a homebrew application based on original WSDL as well as Argus TV guide importer both fail for me. All Windows 7 machines with updated hosts entries. JSON works, but don't have time to write new code. Was hoping to get this fixed.
sgraves

PreviousNext

Return to Support