DataDirect replacement service going live!

Forum rules
Get Help using the Schedules Direct service. NOTE: application issues are probably better resolved via the application's support methods. If you post here, at least include your application name!

Re: DataDirect replacement service going live!

Postby emveepee » Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:34 pm

rkulagow wrote:The JSON service does not use a web page to add / delete lineups; that's all done through your client.

if the lineup profile(s), not channels, can get migrated and saved to the ss-dd server it seems logical to me that json users could benefit from this too.

Martin
emveepee

Postby jkd » Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:29 am

Here is my lineup

lineup.png
lineup.png (17.43 KiB) Viewed 10299 times

However, when I download from the new service, I got this in the lineup section. I deleted my lineup, re-added it but still not change. I end-up with unwanted channels 57 (1,2,3) and I am missing others (10-1, 12-1, ...). I can always get the missing channels from a cable lineup but why do I keep receiving unwanted channels?

Code: Select all
<lineups>
<lineup id='PC:j0p1p0' ...(cropped) >
<map station='53502' channel='6' channelMinor='1'/>
<map station='73014' channel='15' channelMinor='1'/>
<map station='44368' channel='57' channelMinor='1'/>
<map station='74980' channel='15' channelMinor='2'/>
<map station='58927' channel='57' channelMinor='3'/>
<map station='63040' channel='17' channelMinor='1'/>
<map station='45867' channel='2' channelMinor='1'/>
<map station='54298' channel='57' channelMinor='2'/>
</lineup>
</lineups>
jkd

Postby rmeden » Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:07 pm

jdk:

Looks like this was a bug on Tribune's side. When they return the lineup ID in the station list, they don't return the full lineup id, so when SD-DD updated the exclude list it got it wrong.

I manually updated the exclusion table you should be good now. If not, try not to touch it until after Nov 1... at that point I'll be moving to my own lineup backed on the web server so it won't be a problem.

Robert
rmeden
SD Board Member

Postby psm321 » Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:05 am

So here I was, setting aside a special time when I didn't have recordings to try with the replacement service (I only run mythfilldatabase manually), with a databse backup, worried because of all the bugs I'm seeing in this thread. I go to do it now and happen to look at my scrollback (to double-check that my copy of mythfilldatabase uses something like wget that'll do basic auth) and I see that my last run on the 18th (before I even knew about this whole situation) already was resolving to the SD server for a lot of the days. I haven't noticed any issues between now and then, so I call that a success. The server downloads a lot faster too (~4 secs instead of ~24 secs for a day's data). So I just wanted to say thanks for taking the time and effort for making this for those of us using old code. I really appreciate it! :D

P.S. I did end up doing my scheduled test run anyways (with the program changed to use dd.schedulesdirect.org so it got all the days from the SD server) and it went off without a hitch.
psm321

Postby rmeden » Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:37 pm

you're welcome... that's the way it's supposed to work! (and one reason why I thought it was safe to "force" folks to the new server).

Some of the MythTV testers were a pain in my @#Q@# (so that means they were great testers!) :)
rmeden
SD Board Member

Postby jkd » Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:38 am

rmeden wrote:jdk:

Looks like this was a bug on Tribune's side. When they return the lineup ID in the station list, they don't return the full lineup id, so when SD-DD updated the exclude list it got it wrong.

I manually updated the exclusion table you should be good now. If not, try not to touch it until after Nov 1... at that point I'll be moving to my own lineup backed on the web server so it won't be a problem.

Robert

I confirm that exclusion is now working properly. I no longer receive unwanted channels. However I am still missing some channels (10-1, 12-1, ...). As said, in the mean time I can do a mapping using a cable lineup. Any chance that this be fixed on (or after) Nov 1?
jkd

Postby rmeden » Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:42 pm

Oh, I misunderstood.. I thought you started getting the missing channels using sd-dd, but couldn't exclude some. Best way to handle that is with a lineup support ticket. If you can wait until after Nov 1, please do.
rmeden
SD Board Member

Postby saintdev » Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:41 pm

Since switching over to the SD server, I've been getting a few channels that don't show up in my lineup on the SD site, so I can't disable them. Two of them have the same channel numbers as existing channels in my lineup (HD and SD of the same channel), but different callsigns. The other is a channel that doesn't show up in my lineup on the site, the official guide, or my cablecard channel lineup.
saintdev

Postby rchandra » Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:34 pm

I was wondering, where does /getdata go now? Does it go to Gracenote, Schedules Direct, or because of DNS fiddling, both?

Second item: Everything should still be fine operationally, but I ended up with WBBZ-TV on Time Warner Cable (lineup NY31578:-, station ID 15588, shows up on channel 5) getting disabled in my lineup somehow (I don't know, I could have possibly accidentally clicked on it when viewing my lineup the other day, after reading that post about Gracenote/Tribune data not necessarily transferring over due to the different auth mechanism, and that we should go re-save the lineup). Today I reenabled it, and I have come to find out my channel 5 data have been getting "erased" (MythTV showing "(unknown)" in the EPG). There is another channel 5 now, WBBZDT3, ID 73159. For one, I didn't think it'd be possible to put more than one channel on 5; this is NTSC still (don't know for how much longer). For another, the "affiliate" tag says "Independent," but that's not really true, they're a MeTV affiliate. Looking at the EPG, it appears to have all the MeTV programs listed, but none of the locally originated content. I don't record any of the local content, so I don't know exactly what TWC is putting on that channel (I just watch the MeTV programs). Likewise, the lineup report says both WBBZDT3 and WKBW ( ID11600 ) are broadcast channel 7, which I don't think could be accurate either.

So I don't know if this is a Gracenote change, something that got munged in the translation between Gracenote and the homegrown SD database, or what.
rchandra

Postby rmeden » Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:00 pm

saintdev wrote:Since switching over to the SD server, I've been getting a few channels that don't show up in my lineup on the SD site, so I can't disable them. Two of them have the same channel numbers as existing channels in my lineup (HD and SD of the same channel), but different callsigns. The other is a channel that doesn't show up in my lineup on the site, the official guide, or my cablecard channel lineup.
You'll be able to disable them Thursday. At that point I'll cut the SD website over to use SD-DD as the display data source. If you need to do it sooner, PM me and I'll provide instructions.

rchandra wrote:I was wondering, where does /getdata go now? Does it go to Gracenote, Schedules Direct, or because of DNS fiddling, both?

/getdata goes to TMS-DD
/getdata2 goes to SD-DD (feel free to open them in tabs and bounce back and forth!) :)

rchandra wrote:Second item: Everything should still be fine operationally, but I ended up with WBBZ-TV on Time Warner Cable (lineup NY31578:-, station ID 15588, shows up on channel 5) getting disabled in my lineup somehow (I don't know, I could have possibly accidentally clicked on it when viewing my lineup the other day, after reading that post about Gracenote/Tribune data not necessarily transferring over due to the different auth mechanism, and that we should go re-save the lineup). Today I reenabled it, and I have come to find out my channel 5 data have been getting "erased" (MythTV showing "(unknown)" in the EPG). There is another channel 5 now, WBBZDT3, ID 73159. For one, I didn't think it'd be possible to put more than one channel on 5; this is NTSC still (don't know for how much longer). For another, the "affiliate" tag says "Independent," but that's not really true, they're a MeTV affiliate. Looking at the EPG, it appears to have all the MeTV programs listed, but none of the locally originated content. I don't record any of the local content, so I don't know exactly what TWC is putting on that channel (I just watch the MeTV programs). Likewise, the lineup report says both WBBZDT3 and WKBW ( ID11600 ) are broadcast channel 7, which I don't think could be accurate either.

Check out /getdata and /getdata2 to see what the lineups say should be on the various channels.

It could also be legacy stuff in your TMS record (Tribune made the change, but old data got stuck in your lineup). That's why folks had to sometimes do the "re-add lineup" to fix things at TMS-DD. SD-DD only stores excluded channel information (not a complete lineup), so you always get Tribune's current lineup. If /getdata2 is wrong, open a lineup support ticket to have it fixed.

Robert
rmeden
SD Board Member

PreviousNext

Return to Support