Delay between editing channels and update in MyhtTV?

Forum rules
Get Help using the Schedules Direct service. NOTE: application issues are probably better resolved via the application's support methods. If you post here, at least include your application name!
mattlach

Delay between editing channels and update in MyhtTV?

Post by mattlach » Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:28 am

Hey all,

Is a delay here normal? How long?

Example:
  1. Log on to SchedulesDirect.com, click "my account" and then click edit.
  2. Enable new channel not previously enabled (or disable channel previously enabled) and save.
  3. Force MythTV to update listings (run mythtfilldatabase from commandline) --Nothing happens, no new channels added or old ones removed
  4. Try various options, like mythfilldatabase --do-channel-updates --only-update-channels --dd-grab-all , etc. etc. Channels stay the same (though listings inside existing channels update)
  5. Give up in frustration, and decide to come back to it later.
  6. Anywhere from several hours to several days days later, changes made in step 1 are magically effective in MythTV
So I guess my question is, is this normal behavior of Schedules Direct, for there to be a delay in these changes becoming effective, or is this something i should file a bug report against MythTV for?

Much Obliged,
Matt

rmeden
SD Board Member

Re: Delay between editing channels and update in MyhtTV?

Post by rmeden » Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:26 pm

Unfortunately, it has become normal, and totally random. It started when our data source (Tribune Media Services) added mid-day updates, They overloaded their data sync mechanism. The delay appears to be totally random, and they're not interested in fixing it. (but that won't be a problem for much longer!)

Robert

mattlach

Re: Delay between editing channels and update in MyhtTV?

Post by mattlach » Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:15 am

Good information.

Thank you for your reply!

--Matt