Schedule timing issue

Forum rules
Get Help using the Schedules Direct service. NOTE: application issues are probably better resolved via the application's support methods. If you post here, at least include your application name!

Schedule timing issue

Postby steveh0 » Tue May 28, 2013 1:13 am

I get my TV over the air.

One of my stations turns its OTA transmitter off from midnight (local time) to sometime in the early morning, however, it keeps feeding the cable and satellite stations. Can anyone suggest a way to make sure that my mythbuntu doesn't try to record during this time? Or conversely, why does SD promulgate the programming that is not coming over the air?

For reference, this is channel 22 (and it's digital subchannels) in the San Francisco Bay area, KRCB in Rohnert Park, CA. Their phone number (only the main number, unfortunately) is 707-584-2000. I cannot find an email for them, but I will try to find one tomorrow.

Thanks,
Steve
steveh0

Re: Schedule timing issue

Postby rmeden » Tue May 28, 2013 4:55 am

Tribune is going to love this one! :)

The solution is to not show those programs in the OTA lineup, but do show them in cable lineups. Tribune will probably need to generate different channel-ids for OTA vs Cable.

Click "lineup support' and include the comments you made above. A link to the station's web site that mentions the schedule would also be useful. (let's hope it's not just a repeater that shuts off at night!). RobertK or myself will report it to Tribune Media Services.

An excellent example on how strange some lineups can be!

Robert
rmeden
SD Board Member

Postby rmeden » Tue May 28, 2013 5:02 am

looking at http://krcb.org/programming-schedule/pr ... -schedules it gets stranger.

Station Logo says it's a PBS stations.

But it also says it is a "create tv" affiliate from 6am-midnight Mon-Sat and a "LinkTV" affilliate from 1am-5am.

Yea, Tribune's gonna love this one. Please open a ticket.

Robert
rmeden
SD Board Member

Postby steveh0 » Tue May 28, 2013 1:54 pm

OK, but I'm so naive that I don t even know how to open a ticket.

A little help?

Steve
steveh0

Postby steveh0 » Tue May 28, 2013 2:03 pm

I just called the station and confirmed that they are off the airwaves from midnight to 5AM.

Steve
steveh0

Postby rmeden » Tue May 28, 2013 8:13 pm

To open a ticket, log in to the main schedules direct site. On the left hand side, there's a "lineup support" link.

Robert
rmeden
SD Board Member

Postby steveh0 » Fri May 31, 2013 4:33 am

I am SO very impressed. This problem has already been solved, and downloaded to my Mythbuntu server!

Steve
steveh0

Return to Support