MythTV never fetches lineup list from SchedulesDirect.org

Forum rules
Get Help using the Schedules Direct service. NOTE: application issues are probably better resolved via the application's support methods. If you post here, at least include your application name!

MythTV never fetches lineup list from SchedulesDirect.org

Postby Bonte » Mon May 06, 2013 5:47 am

Greetings,

I've tried both MythTV 0.25 and MythTV 0.26 with the same results. It appears as though MythTV is timing out just before SchedulesDirect starts returning the XML data. I can see this in an active tcpdump running on the backend box. The timeout is preventing the "Data Direct lineup" box in the grabber setup from being populated with the lineup I selected on the Schedulesdirect.org website.

I obtained the source code and traced the call all the way back to mythdownloadmanager.cpp, but couldn't clearly see where the timeout was occurring (perhaps in the thread itself?). The odd part is that I'm not seeing the callback occur to authenticate the soap call, but it strangely authenticates somehow because I do receive the XML data with the lineup data in it. I tried a few more times before I had to give up temporarily to get my home theater in order. I just started working again on this on Sunday but discovered that my 7-day trial with SchedulesDirect.org had just ended (time really flies when you're not having fun).

Not sure if I want to throw money at SchedulesDirect.org unless I know there is a solution for this as finding the solution would be on my dime at that point. If anyone can confirm what the resolution is for this, I'd be willing to give it another try.

In the meantime, if anyone here has a working HDHomeRun Prime with MythTV, I'd love to see about the possibility of receiving a scrubbed copy of your database to learn why a manual setup (one in which SchedulesDirect.org is not used) does not work in MythTV.

Thanks,

Bonte
Bonte

Re: MythTV never fetches lineup list from SchedulesDirect.or

Postby rkulagow » Mon May 06, 2013 7:45 am

If you post on the mythtv-users mailing list, or check the archives over there you'll discover that there was an issue with MythTV in that it wasn't waiting long enough when there were many channels in the lineup.

Try setting your lineup on Schedules Direct to just one or two channels and see if that works.

Open a ticket in the Schedules Direct website for this issue (not here in the forum) and I can extend your account for a few days so that you can confirm if it's a MythTV issue or our service.
rkulagow
SD Staff

Postby Bonte » Mon May 06, 2013 9:58 am

Ah, I noticed that once the data started flowing in after MythTV already gave up, the data included all of the channels for the lineup, although at that point in the configuration - only the "lineup" value was needed. (I guess there isn't a SOAP call for fetching just the lineup list?)

The thing is, I tried 0.25 and 0.26 (From Ubuntu 12.04, 12.10 and 13.04) and the results were the same. I guess this patch hasn't made it into any of the Ubuntu package yet?

In the meantime, I can put in the ticket on the site - but if it doesn't work, I'd like to try and populate the value manually or compile in patch which increased the timeout value myself. Do you have any information on either the lineupid value in the videosource table or where I can locate the patch?

Thanks for the reply!
Bonte
Bonte

Postby rkulagow » Mon May 06, 2013 10:09 am

You're asking mythtv questions, so the best place to ask is on the mythtv-users mailing list.
rkulagow
SD Staff

Return to Support