SD Account Creations Disabled?

Forum rules
Get Help using the Schedules Direct service. NOTE: application issues are probably better resolved via the application's support methods. If you post here, at least include your application name!

SD Account Creations Disabled?

Postby jehigh » Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:23 pm

Hi all. I'm new to the Linux world and one of the areas I've been learning about is MythTv. I'm setting up a home server based on Amahi (if you are not aware of Amahi, I highly recommend checking it out at www.amahi.org). One of the things I'm working on is a MythTv backend that will be running on my server.

As I started to learn about and install MythTv, was Schedules Direct. I'm now at the point where I need a Schedules Direct account, and just noticed that account creations have been disabled. I've kept an eye on the site for about a day now to see if maybe it was due to maintenance, but it is still disabled. Does anyone know how long the account creations will be disabled for? I'm interested in signing up for a year.

Any information and/or help would be greatly appreciated!

John
jehigh

Re: SD Account Creations Disabled?

Postby rmeden » Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:40 pm

It's pretty strange... folks creating accounts keep getting mysql lock timeout errors. Not sure why... things have run perfectly for years.

Also, we all have day jobs and while we've looked into it, we haven't isolated the problem yet.... I suspect folks will have more time this weekend.

Drop admin@sd an email and we can give you a special URL you can try and create an account with... not sure if it will work though.

Robert
rmeden
SD Board Member

Postby jehigh » Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:30 pm

Robert,

Thanks for the information and I'm sorry to hear you guys are having some problems. I just sent an email requesting the special URL.

If you guys need any help with trying to figure out the problem, I'd love to help out - just let me know what I can do. I'm not much of a programmer, but I'm a great tester!

Just let me know how I can help.

Thanks again.

John
jehigh

Postby rmeden » Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:58 am

It's fixed...

We were getting an error from Tribune which was not being caught properly and this stopped a lock on the session table to not be released. So the lock was a symptom, not a problem :)

I'm working on tracking down what changed, but it's fixed.... plus we did detect/fix some unknown disk errors, which is always good. :)

Robert
rmeden
SD Board Member

Postby jehigh » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:39 am

Robert,

Thanks for the heads up! I just signed up successfully. Now I'm having trouble with MythTV pulling the scheduling data - it's not showing up. Not sure what the problem is, just need to research it a little and figure out what is going on. If you think this might be a side symptom of the error from Tribune, please let me know.

Ahhh, the wonderful experiences of learning a new OS and software.... :)

Thanks again for keeping us up to date!

John
jehigh

Postby rmeden » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:26 pm

No idea what the problem could be.. did you choose a lineup on the SD site?

You can view the "raw" data to make sure downloads are working correctly at http://schedulesdriect.org/getdata
rmeden
SD Board Member

Postby jehigh » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:39 pm

Silly Robert! Of course I didn't! :o

On totally unrelated news....My scheduling data miraculously appeared today...

(Thanks Robert! I owe you a beer... :D )
jehigh

Return to Support