PayPal account now required?

Forum rules
Get Help using the Schedules Direct service. NOTE: application issues are probably better resolved via the application's support methods. If you post here, at least include your application name!
alerik

Post by alerik » Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:10 pm

It took me to PayPal and on the right side are two frames.. "Have a PayPal Account" and "Don't have a PayPal account...
same here. but as soon as i select any country but the USA in the 'Don't have a PayPal account' frame, it reloads the page and the two frames become 'Pay with my PayPal account' and 'Create a PayPal account'.

ps. can i just send a paypal transfer to a SD email address? i've noticed that one of my banks offers sending money via paypal for a very reasonable fee. but it requires recipient email.

rmeden
SD Board Member

Re:

Post by rmeden » Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:48 pm

When I pick different countries I still get the ability to pay without an account. What country are you in?

What browser are you using? I'm using current FireFox and it seems to be doing some javascript stuff after selecting the country. Could you be blocking it? Can you try a browser without fancy blocks?

Sorry, but we can only accept payment through the web app.... any other way would need manual processing.

Robert

alerik

Post by alerik » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:59 am

What country are you in?
canada
What browser are you using?
tried:
firefox 17.0.6 (with adblock and noscript, but javascript allowed from paypal.com)
konqueror 4.10.3 (both khtml and webkit engines)
pristine install of chromium 27.0.1453.110 with no extensions and all the default settings

all same result.
Could you be blocking it? Can you try a browser without fancy blocks?
my chromium setup qualifies for no blocks, fancy or not fancy.

i was about to give up, but decided (just for shitz'n'gigglz) to try firefox private browsing as you suggested. i don't know how, and i don't know why, but this time it worked.

many thanks for your help.

rmeden
SD Board Member

Re: PayPal account now required?

Post by rmeden » Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:47 pm

Yea, I suspected you could be coming from some strange country, but when I plugged in Yemin and others I still got the payment page. :) Canada; you guys shouldn't be a problem... as long as we don't steal your syrup. :)

Since it worked in private browsing, I suspect some weird cookie out there made PP act suspicious. Sometimes sites have lots of different domain names that make it hard to find the all the cookie crumbs.

Glad you got it working!

Robert

rrandy

Post by rrandy » Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:45 pm

I'm trying to renew again, and like last year PayPal insists on creating an account. I've deleted all paypal cookies (which worked last year) and tried starting Firefox 36 in private browsing mode, but no joy. Yes, I too am in Canada.

Any further suggestions?

rmeden
SD Board Member

Post by rmeden » Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:30 pm

I don't think it's ever worked for folks in Canada.. Just tell PayPal you're not.

rrandy

Post by rrandy » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:09 am

That's a bit problematic if paying by credit card...

I have paid through PayPal from Canada multiple times at other sites with no account. It only seems to be a issue for me through Schedules Direct.

alerik

Post by alerik » Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:01 pm

any solution for this problem yet? i'm in canada, last year it worked for me in firefox private window. this time, it doesn't. all i get is the dreaded 'Pay with my PayPal account' and 'Create a PayPal account'.

rmeden
SD Board Member

Post by rmeden » Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:57 pm

I'll call paypal and ask what's going on.

chrism

Post by chrism » Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:15 am

I just wanted to confirm that the 'Pay with credit card' option disappears when I select 'Canada'.

I've tried on linux and win7, and with Firefox and IE.

Any chance I can mail you a 'cheque' ? =)