PayPal account now required?

Forum rules
Get Help using the Schedules Direct service. NOTE: application issues are probably better resolved via the application's support methods. If you post here, at least include your application name!

PayPal account now required?

Postby rrandy » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:46 pm

The renewal page says a PayPal account is not required, but it seems to be. Am I missing something?
rrandy

Re: PayPal account now required?

Postby rmeden » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:36 pm

probably..... click the SD link to pay via PayPal. On the PayPal signup page, there's a link to pay w/o creating an account. I don't have the screen in front of me, but I do remember it's not exactly highlighted on the page, but it's there :)

Robert
rmeden
SD Board Member

Postby rrandy » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:04 pm

That worked last year at renewal time, but the PayPal page I see now is different. There is no "Pay without creating an account" option, just "Pay with your PayPal account" and "Agree and Create Account". Perhaps it's something optional SD needs to enable now?
rrandy

Postby rmeden » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:02 pm

Just pulled it up.. the page does look different but there's a "Don't have a PayPal account" link that seems to take a CC directly.

Robert
rmeden
SD Board Member

Postby rrandy » Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:37 pm

There is definitely no such option on the page (for me)... nor is it hidden in the document source.

The web suggests there is a setting the merchant must enable, since PayPal has disabled it.
rrandy

Postby rmeden » Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:46 pm

What browser are you using? Maybe try a different one or delete your paypal cookies. (I was using FireFox 18)

I just tested by deleting my cookies and after clicking one of our PayPal links, went straight to a page that included a "Don’t have a PayPal account? Pay as a guest now, sign up for PayPal later"

Robert
rmeden
SD Board Member

Postby rrandy » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:48 pm

Clearing cookies did the trick! I should have tried that...

Thanks for your attention - the renewal is done.
rrandy

Postby alerik » Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:34 am

no dice for me. tried deleting cookies, tried pristine browser, tried bypassing my vpn. l as soon as i select 'canada' on paypal's page, the only two options left are 'pay with your paypal account' and 'create a paypal account'.
alerik

Postby alerik » Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:12 pm

i've just completed a paypal transaction from another site and it didn't require me to create a paypal account. same browser, same setup. so it definitely looks like the problem is somewhere in schedulesdirect setup.
alerik

Postby rmeden » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:37 pm

I just tried it via "private browsing" that disables all cookies...

I log on to the SD site and clicked the paypal button.

It took me to PayPal and on the right side are two frames.. "Have a PayPal Account" and "Don't have a PayPal account... pay as a guest now and sign up for PayPal Later".

In the exampled "Don't have a paypal" section, it was asking for country, first name, last name, address... etc. I assume CC info is on the next page.

Robert
rmeden
SD Board Member

Next

Return to Support