IR Blaster Codes Comcast Pace DCSOXu

Forum rules
Get Help using the Schedules Direct service. NOTE: application issues are probably better resolved via the application's support methods. If you post here, at least include your application name!

IR Blaster Codes Comcast Pace DCSOXu

Postby edgarswank » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:41 pm

Comcast is going all-digital in August. No more analog signals. Cable box required to receive anything on ReplayTV. I have the digital cable boxes hooked up to the ReplayTV but I can't find the correct IR blaster codes. Comcast supplied me with Pace Model: DCSOXu Part: C1863447400. This is a small box. The instructions I get say to turn off the digital box, but the DCSOXu has no on/off switch. It's always ON, unless disconnected from its power supply. I tried the default Pace code 237, but it doesn't work (won't change channels). I saw a note that said ,"If a PACE DTA-DC50x unit from Comcast is used a custom code is needed, typically the code for this box is 2009 (the year the box was required)." (a) I have a different Pace model, and (b) 2009 is not in the list of IR codes supplied. The list starts at 0000. There are lots of codes, I dread having to try them all. The codes around where 2009 should be are 1877, 4476, 7000, and on from there. Has anyone got a ReplayTV to work with this model Pace Box? If so, any clue about which IR code I should try will be very welcome.

I am using Wirns with a paid SchedulesDirect subscription. It has been working fine with Analog cable. I can receive digital signals through the boxes, but I can only change channels with the Pace remote control supplied.

Hope somebody can help me!
edgarswank

Re: IR Blaster Codes Comcast Pace DCSOXu

Postby rmeden » Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:41 pm

I suggest you post on AVS Forum or Planet Replay to ask about the IR codes. There are many more ReplayTV experts there than here.

Robert
rmeden
SD Board Member

Return to Support