2009-08-12 Outage Update (solved)

2009-08-12 Outage Update (solved)

Postby rmeden » Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:39 pm

As many of you know, the data is currently served by Tribune Media Service's servers.

We use an API to control expiration dates and accounts on the data delivery services. Starting last night, we've been getting failure notices from our web application when it tries to update the expiration date and other fields on Tribune's servers.

The Data download servers are working fine. The problem is updating account information.

Obviously, it's important that our data sync with those on Tribune's servers. Because of that, I've disabled many functions on our web app, so there is less of a mess to clean up.

This problem has been escalated with Tribune and we hope to have it resolved shortly.

Robert Eden
Schedules Direct
rmeden
SD Board Member
 
Posts: 1486
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:31 pm
Location: Cedar Hill, TX

Re: 2009-08-12 Outage Update

Postby rmeden » Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:15 pm

hmmm it seems the key to solving a problem is posting a detailed status report, explaining what we know. :)

While I was on the phone with Tribune I was no longer able to reproduce the problem.... of course no one has changed anything. :)

I've opened up the web app again and am manually processing the subscription payments that didn't update the expiration.

Robert
rmeden
SD Board Member
 
Posts: 1486
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:31 pm
Location: Cedar Hill, TX

Re: 2009-08-12 Outage Update

Postby rmeden » Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:18 pm

A config problem was found/fixed at Tribune with one of the cluster of nodes that processes those requests... I think we're fixed for good.

Yea!

I'll post announcements more often, because it seems that even if you have no news, it helps due to karma. :)

Robert
rmeden
SD Board Member
 
Posts: 1486
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:31 pm
Location: Cedar Hill, TX


Return to Announcements

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest

cron