image metadata - program ID with 10 or 14 chars?

karamike

image metadata - program ID with 10 or 14 chars?

Post by karamike » Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:09 am

According to the wiki entry https://github.com/SchedulesDirect/JSON ... ing-Images you can currently (API 20141201) use either the leftmost 10 characters of the programID or (in anticipation of the next API) the entire 14 characters to access the image metadata.

I wonder if this information is still/already valid.

Access to the metadata using the entire 14 characters very often results in an error 5000 (IMAGE_NOT_FOUND) while the request to the shortened ID returns the expected JSON image metadata (see log file).

Currently approx. 85% of requests with 14 character IDs return IMAGE_NOT_FOUND.
Attachments
apilog-2019-02-03.txt
(18.27 KiB) Downloaded 93 times

gtb

Re: image metadata - program ID with 10 or 14 chars?

Post by gtb » Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:46 pm

karamike wrote:I wonder if this information is still/already valid.
By observation (and a few of my own codes), I think that one needs to start by requesting the 10 character programID to get "generic"/"series"(season for US) data, and then try the 14 character reference to see what, if anything, is provided for the specific episode (I think some individual cast photos are only in the generic data, although it has been some time since I last looked at the details). It is the same with some of the series data values are not provided for the episode, so if you want all the info, you have to (intelligently) merge the returned data. Perhaps API-NEXT will make things different.