Support new silicon dust premium tv service

Support new silicon dust premium tv service

Postby djb61230 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:38 am

I was just wondering if there would be lineup support for the upcoming silicon dust premium TV service.

https://www.silicondust.com/premium-tv/#

Thanks in advance.
djb61230

Re: Support new silicon dust premium tv service

Postby rmeden » Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:57 am

We're not licensed to provide data for commercial products. Silicon Dust needs to purchase data direct from Gracenote. If it's an abandoned project, we can ask for an exception (Media Center, SageTV, etc).
rmeden
SD Board Member

Postby danielwlewis » Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:22 pm

rmeden wrote:We're not licensed to provide data for commercial products. Silicon Dust needs to purchase data direct from Gracenote. If it's an abandoned project, we can ask for an exception (Media Center, SageTV, etc).

I sent an inquiry to SiliconDist Support yesterday about about getting channel listings for their Premium TV service that delivers live TV over the Internet using their HDTV Connect and Extend boxes. In their reply. they said:

"We know Schedules Direct is working to provide data for these channels as we speak."

Are they misinformed?

Thanks!
Dan
danielwlewis

Postby gtb » Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:27 pm

danielwlewis wrote:
rmeden wrote:We're not licensed to provide data for commercial products. Silicon Dust needs to purchase data direct from Gracenote. If it's an abandoned
Are they misinformed?
Dan

I suspect the answers are for different implied complete questions (i.e. Schedules Direct cannot provide guide data for the commercial SiliconDust service (and they are not, SiliconDust has their own Gracenote contracts), and whether Schedules Direct would be able to provide guide data for the SiliconDust OTT service for other solutions to use with the service). Lineups USA-0000001-CUSTOM ("east coast" feed) and USA-0000002-CUSTOM ("west coast" feed) currently exist in the SDJSON service (I do not know if, but would not expect, they will ever show up in the legacy service). I am not entirely sure these are the final final guide solutions/setup, as there have been no official confirmation, but it is clear this is in progress.
gtb

Return to Developer