Invalid data returned from schedules/md5 endpoint

Invalid data returned from schedules/md5 endpoint

Postby GameGod » Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:31 am

Hi,

As of this morning an invalid result is being returned for both my lineups:

Code: Select all
Getting listings for KTVUDT (KTVU-DT) [Channel 2.1]
Error: Exception: System.IO.InvalidDataException: Unable to get response object for station id '19571' from: {
  "19571": []
} ---> System.InvalidCastException: Unable to cast object of type 'Newtonsoft.Json.Linq.JArray' to type 'Newtonsoft.Json.Linq.JObject'

Getting listings for KTVU [Channel 2]
Error: Exception: System.IO.InvalidDataException: Unable to get response object for station id '10760' from: {
  "10760": []
} ---> System.InvalidCastException: Unable to cast object of type 'Newtonsoft.Json.Linq.JArray' to type 'Newtonsoft.Json.Linq.JObject'

I'm not sure if other channels are effected, since my app stops when it encounters this error. Can this please be fixed ASAP?

Thanks.
GameGod

Re: Invalid data returned from schedules/md5 endpoint

Postby rkulagow » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:31 am

Are you still having an issue right now?
rkulagow
SD Staff

Postby GameGod » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:19 am

I was able to complete the update, thanks.

I did get a few warnings, such as those listed below.

Warning: Exception when performing operation POST with url [https://json.schedulesdirect.org/20141201/token]: Error reading JObject from JsonReader. Path '', line 0, position 0.. Retrying...
Warning: Exception when performing operation POST with url [https://json.schedulesdirect.org/20141201/programs]: The remote server returned an error: (502) Bad Gateway.. Retrying...
GameGod

Postby rkulagow » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:34 am

The 502 errors are coming from the Amazon load balancer; others have been reporting similar issues and I think AWS is investigating.

Good to hear that you were able to pull down the schedule.
rkulagow
SD Staff

Postby GameGod » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:49 am

Thanks for the update, appreciate it.
GameGod

Postby GameGod » Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:25 pm

Unfortunately, I saw this error again this afternoon. There were no issues when I updated earlier this morning.

Getting listings for WGN America West [Channel 33]
Error: Exception: System.IO.InvalidDataException: Unable to get response object for station id '97525' from: {
  "97525": []
} ---> System.InvalidCastException: Unable to cast object of type 'Newtonsoft.Json.Linq.JArray' to type 'Newtonsoft.Json.Linq.JObject'.
GameGod

Postby GameGod » Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:33 pm

This issue seems to have come back again. The failure rate has gone up pretty significantly in the past few days. I grab schedules twice a day, and I'm seeing a failure every other day or so.

Today it failed both the morning and afternoon updates. The most recent failure:

Getting listings for TV Land (Pacific) [Channel 72]
Error: Exception: System.IO.InvalidDataException: Unable to get response object for station id '26046' from: {
  "26046": []
} ---> System.InvalidCastException: Unable to cast object of type 'Newtonsoft.Json.Linq.JArray' to type 'Newtonsoft.Json.Linq.JObject'.
GameGod

Postby GameGod » Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:13 am

Still having this issue. Failure started yesterday and persists as of this morning.

Getting listings for KFTLCD5 (KFTL-CD5) [Channel 28.5]
Error: Exception: System.IO.InvalidDataException: Unable to get response object for station id '104882' from: {
  "104882": []
GameGod

Return to Developer