More Series Information

More Series Information

Postby enternoescape » Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:55 am

It doesn't look like Schedules Direct provides series oriented information other than being able to provide a description of the series. I can create a series ID based on an episode ID to get more information, but I can't rely on that for things like the series premiere, etc.

Is there any way we can get more details in https://github.com/SchedulesDirect/JSON ... -a-program such as the premier date, the network the series premiered on and if the series is over, the finale date?
enternoescape

Re: More Series Information

Postby rmeden » Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:45 pm

I"m sure RobertK will chime in, but I suspect that data is our source data.

Keep in mind we're not trying to provide IMDB type historical data (our contract specifically says we can't store historical data!), but data for near term scheduling.

RobertE
rmeden
SD Board Member

Postby enternoescape » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:16 pm

It has been a while since I posted this. I wouldn't exactly call this historical data since it's no more historical than then program data provided for old shows when they are airing. As I understand it, we should also be able to get per season series data too. I was just wondering if this is simply not an option or too big of task to add to the API?
enternoescape

Postby rkulagow » Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:30 pm

I have asked our upstream and they don't have this information available in the data sets that we have available to us.
rkulagow
SD Staff

Postby enternoescape » Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:11 am

Thanks for looking into this.
enternoescape

Return to Developer