deaf signed

deaf signed

Postby kgroeneveld » Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:50 pm

XMLTV supports "deaf-signed" as a subtitle type. Is this available in the JSON feed?

A tv_grab_sd_json user asked me if this could be supported. As an example, he indicated that many programs on BBC 2 in the late night/early morning are deaf signed. These are marked with "SL" on the following listings: http://bleb.org/tv/channel.html?ch=bbc2
kgroeneveld

Re: deaf signed

Postby rkulagow » Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:34 pm

It would be the dvs audio attribute on the JSON service.

https://github.com/SchedulesDirect/JSON ... ule-fields
rkulagow
SD Staff

Postby kyl416 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:20 pm

This is something different than DVS, in the UK and other parts of Europe they have hours where somebody is actually on the screen interpreting the current program with sign language.

DVS is when there's a voice narrating the scene for the blind, usually on an alternate audio channel.
kyl416

Postby rkulagow » Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:29 pm

Then it may be that the metadata needs the "signed" attribute added:

signed - Program has an on-screen person providing sign-language translation.

If that's the case, please open a ticket (or have your user open do it) at the Schedules Direct website (not this forum) with some details so that I can escalate to Gracenote. The more details, the better. stationID, startTime and programID is the trifecta, because then I can easily compare it to upstream data.
rkulagow
SD Staff

Postby kgroeneveld » Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:44 am

rkulagow wrote:Then it may be that the metadata needs the "signed" attribute added:

signed - Program has an on-screen person providing sign-language translation.

So are you saying that if the upstream data had this attribute it would already be in the JSON data?

If that's the case, please open a ticket (or have your user open do it) at the Schedules Direct website (not this forum) with some details so that I can escalate to Gracenote. The more details, the better. stationID, startTime and programID is the trifecta, because then I can easily compare it to upstream data.

Are you referring to the "Lineup Support"/"Report Lineup Problems" links on the website? I don't see a general support ticket option anywhere.
kgroeneveld

Postby rkulagow » Sat Jul 09, 2016 3:28 pm

Yes, if that field is in the data then Gracenote is inserting it.

Yes, to open a ticket, use the Lineup Support button.
rkulagow
SD Staff

Return to Developer