Errors with JSON API-20140530 since 10/16

Errors with JSON API-20140530 since 10/16

Postby taygnk » Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:12 pm

I've been working on my own personal application to use the JSON interface instead of using XMLTV. I got a version working recently so put it into CRON to run once a day. It ran successfully on 10/15, but on 10/16 it failed getting a token with a "software caused connection abort" error, which unfortunately is rather generic and all the details I get. This error is now consistent all day yesterday and continuing into today.

I've since discovered that if I cobble together a test using WGET, I'm able to connect successfully to get a token and to get status. I'm assuming therefore that my Tcl code is wrong is some way or perhaps a deficiency in the Tcl TLS package, but even with a stripped down version I'm still getting the same error and somewhat at a loss for further debugging on my side.

I'm assuming that since I didn't change my code between 10/15 and 10/16 that something changed on the data2.schedulesdirect.org server that I (or the TLS package) am not handling correctly. Is this perhaps related to switching from the TMS servers or maybe there's a certificate error? It seems odd though that WGET will succeed without providing any warnings.

My id is "taygnk", in case there is any details server-side to help me troubleshoot where the issue is on my side.

Thanks!
taygnk

Re: Errors with JSON API-20140530 since 10/16

Postby rkulagow » Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:43 pm

Yes; because of the SSL vulnerabilities, insecure ciphers have been disabled.

http://googleonlinesecurity.blogspot.co ... sl-30.html
rkulagow
SD Staff

Re: Errors with JSON API-20140530 since 10/16

Postby taygnk » Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:58 pm

Ah. Super. I read that post when it came out. Forcing TLS will then hopefully resolve, if I can figure that out, else I guess it's Perl to the rescue.

Thanks!
taygnk

Return to Developer