Lineup zip file only has serverID.txt

skipfire

Lineup zip file only has serverID.txt

Post by skipfire » Sat May 17, 2014 6:49 pm

I'm trying to get lineups but the file at the URL that is returned only has serverID.txt in it. I've tried a couple of different lineups solo and I've tried 2 lineups together. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong but I have no clue what. My call to get the headends returns 17 items in the array which sounds right for my area, and then when I call lineups I do not get any errors and the filename and URL are both populated. If I copy the URL and paste it into the address bar (after removing the \ of course) I get a zip file, but all that's in it is the serverID.txt. I've tried all the steps in C# and using the request.php page.

My target lineup is the OTA antenna listings for zip 46033 (headend PC:46033).

I did a search and only found 2 threads so I'm really sure I've done something wrong, I just don't know what. I would appreciate whatever suggestions anyone can provide.

rkulagow
SD Staff

Re: Lineup zip file only has serverID.txt

Post by rkulagow » Sun May 18, 2014 12:10 pm

skipfire wrote:I'm trying to get lineups but the file at the URL that is returned only has serverID.txt in it. I've tried a couple of different lineups solo and I've tried 2 lineups together. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong but I have no clue what. My call to get the headends returns 17 items in the array which sounds right for my area, and then when I call lineups I do not get any errors and the filename and URL are both populated. If I copy the URL and paste it into the address bar (after removing the \ of course) I get a zip file, but all that's in it is the serverID.txt. I've tried all the steps in C# and using the request.php page.

My target lineup is the OTA antenna listings for zip 46033 (headend PC:46033).

I did a search and only found 2 threads so I'm really sure I've done something wrong, I just don't know what. I would appreciate whatever suggestions anyone can provide.
I'm putting together the forum post that indicates that 20130709 is now end of life and that 20131021 is the currently supported version.

Obviously I haven't done that yet.

There are at least two grabbers that implement 20131021; the PHP grabber (which is currently for MythTV and is written in command-line PHP, but can generically be used as a starting point because only part of it is MythTV specific) and the SageTV / Java grabber.

The PHP grabber is at https://github.com/SchedulesDirect/mfdb-json

I'll be making some tweaks to the mfdb-json.php grabber soon to abstract away the rest of the MythTV'isms so that it can be used as a generic grabber.

skipfire

Post by skipfire » Mon May 19, 2014 5:43 am

Ok, I'm trying to update but the incomplete documentation is a bit problematic. I am able to post and get a token, and I can GET a status, though it has no lineups (I do have 1 lineup in my account). When I try to GET headends or lineups I get an HTTP 400 response.

Any suggestions?

rkulagow
SD Staff

Post by rkulagow » Mon May 19, 2014 7:29 am

I'm in the process of updating the Wiki with the new API.

skipfire

Post by skipfire » Mon May 19, 2014 7:43 am

Any suggestions for how I can get past the HTTP 400 error? I want to make sure the data is complete by the end of my trial.

rkulagow
SD Staff

Post by rkulagow » Mon May 19, 2014 7:53 am

Send me the NTP timestamps of your attempts and I can pull the server logs so that we can dig deeper.

skipfire

Post by skipfire » Mon May 19, 2014 7:58 am

I just tried it, but there is nothing on the response to provide the server time.

10:58 am EDT, username SkipFire

Slugger

Post by Slugger » Mon May 19, 2014 4:47 pm

Lineups registered on the old data2.schedulesdirect.org service aren't carried over to the new json.schedulesdirect.org service. You would need to register your lineup again on the new server.