Data update schedule

dfeel

Data update schedule

Post by dfeel » Wed May 14, 2014 10:42 am

How frequently is the data that can be pulled from the schedules direct json service updated? I read through the github documentation and found:
Data updates occur six days a week, Monday through Saturday and are usually complete by 10:00 Central Standard Time.
Is this still the case? If so, it raises a few questions:
1. Is that 10am central standard time?
2. What is the recommended time of day to grab an update to ensure updates are complete?
3. Why was this schedule chosen?
4. Why are there no updates on Sunday?
5. How does this compare to the frequency with which TMS updates the data?

The service is great, and I appreciate the work that went into it, just want to make sure I am getting the most out of my data pulls.

rkulagow
SD Staff

Re: Data update schedule

Post by rkulagow » Wed May 14, 2014 10:54 am

dfeel wrote: Is this still the case? If so, it raises a few questions:
1. Is that 10am central standard time?
2. What is the recommended time of day to grab an update to ensure updates are complete?
3. Why was this schedule chosen?
4. Why are there no updates on Sunday?
5. How does this compare to the frequency with which TMS updates the data?

The service is great, and I appreciate the work that went into it, just want to make sure I am getting the most out of my data pulls.
1. Yes. 10A CST.
2. At whatever time is the "next connect time" in the status response. If your client connects during the time when data is being processed you will get a "next connect time" that's a random time in the next two hours. If you connect after that then you'll get today's data.
3. It takes time to process the raw data from our upstream, but everything is usually done by 10A.
4. There are no data updates from our provider on Sunday.
5. Approximately the same.