Generic show data available?

Generic show data available?

Postby ylee » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:11 am

Sometimes Tribune omits including episode-specific data for its listings. For The Simpsons, instead of

"The Debarted" (Sun 2 Mar 2008) <-- episode's original air date
Bart suspects that one of his friends is a rat... <-- specific description for episode

we get

(Thu 7 Dec 1989) <-- date of show's debut
Homer and Marge Simpson raise Bart, Lisa and baby Maggie. <-- generic show description

Is it possible to get the generic data always included in the SchedulesDirect feed in addition to the episode-specific data? In MythTV, for example, it would be nice to be able to show the generic description when the group pane is selected, then show the episode-specific data when the recording pane is selected.
ylee

Re: Generic show data available?

Postby rmeden » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:54 pm

If you look at the EpisodeID, generic episodes usually begin with SP* while episodes with details exist for begin EP*.

Interesting idea, but we don't have a way to add the generic description to the feed. RobertK may consider it for his supplement project.

Robert
rmeden
SD Board Member

Postby rkulagow » Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:10 pm

rmeden wrote:If you look at the EpisodeID, generic episodes usually begin with SP* while episodes with details exist for begin EP*.

Interesting idea, but we don't have a way to add the generic description to the feed. RobertK may consider it for his supplement project.

Robert

Should be easy enough to add; when you're rolling your own, all things are possible.

Howabout a field called "series_description"?
rkulagow
SD Staff

Postby ylee » Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:54 pm

Sure, that'd be great. Once the field is available in the feed, official support within MythTV will come quickly.
ylee

Postby rkulagow » Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:33 am

ylee wrote:Sure, that'd be great. Once the field is available in the feed, official support within MythTV will come quickly.

The series_description field is now included in each program object (if one is available - not all programs have a generic description).
rkulagow
SD Staff

Postby ylee » Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:46 am

rkulagow wrote:The series_description field is now included in each program object (if one is available - not all programs have a generic description).

Thanks for this. Is it too early to ask when you expect your experimental feed to become official? I ask because you don't mention a projected ETA in the other thread.
ylee

Postby rkulagow » Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:01 am

ylee wrote:
rkulagow wrote:The series_description field is now included in each program object (if one is available - not all programs have a generic description).

Thanks for this. Is it too early to ask when you expect your experimental feed to become official? I ask because you don't mention a projected ETA in the other thread.

0.26 took longer than I anticipated, so I continued working on the feed portion rather than MythTV portion. I have a few more things to wrap up with the feed part (integrating thetvdb metadata) and then I'll work on the MythTV patch again. (The patch has lagged and isn't up-to-date with the new data elements).
rkulagow
SD Staff

Return to Developer