Request for Comment: Freeview "locations" in GBR

Issues relating to lineups should be posted here.

Request for Comment: Freeview "locations" in GBR

Postby rkulagow » Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:35 am

Currently, our upstream tags all Freeview lineups in GBR as having a location of "London". This can be changed, but I would need to know what the affected user community believes the location tag should be. Should it be the name of the transmitter location? Something else?

Comment period ends on 2016-07-25 at which point I will make a decision and update the code.
rkulagow
SD Staff

Re: Request for Comment: Freeview "locations" in GBR

Postby mikebibbings » Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:16 am

One of my lineups is "GBR-0001194-DEFAULT | Freeview - Anglia (East) | London | DVB-T"

I think it would be better to have transmitter instead of London in this case "Sandy Heath"

Mike
mikebibbings

Postby JohnVeness » Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:09 am

I would rather see the transmitter region listed instead of "London". You have a good list of transmitter regions already at https://json.schedulesdirect.org/201412 ... itters/GBR

Some more data to back up transmitter regions is available at https://ukfree.tv/maps/freeviewlight and also see http://help.digitaluk.co.uk/pf/197/webf ... x_list.pdf which also gives a list of transmitter regions (in small print). That last link incidently also helpfully says what channels are available in which region, although it doesn't go into detail about the different ITV regions (local news etc.)
JohnVeness

Postby IT Troll » Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:47 am

Another vote for transmitter regions. It would seem the most logical option.
IT Troll

Postby ijc » Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:51 am

I agree that having the transmitter makes most sense, the region (e.g. East Anglia) is already in another field already.
ijc

Postby The Singing Dwarf » Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:55 am

mikebibbings wrote:One of my lineups is "GBR-0001194-DEFAULT | Freeview - Anglia (East) | London | DVB-T"

I think it would be better to have transmitter instead of London in this case "Sandy Heath"

Mike

I use the same lineup - but this was suggested to me when I chose the transmitter 'Tacolneston'.

It appears that the same lineup is used for multiple transmitters - where in fact, the lineup is different between transmitters.
NB This lineup actually contains Sky (i.e. satellite) channels which are not FTA.

Are there plans to correct these lineups?
The Singing Dwarf

Return to Lineup Issues